Found 4th Oct 2008
On the battery options ive changed all the settings so that the display doesn't turn off when i close the lid and ive put the screensaver to 9999minutes but yet when i leave it on it still turns off after about 30minutes and im trying to download

is there anything im missing out so that i can just leave it on and when the battery gets so low it will go off?

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Laptop
7 Comments

You have to adjust the timing of the Harddrive too. Set everything to Never on running from power.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;3119287

You have to adjust the timing of the Harddrive too. Set everything to … You have to adjust the timing of the Harddrive too. Set everything to Never on running from power.

ive set everything to never that i can, how do i adjust the hdd?
thanks

deadduck_145;3119304

ive set everything to never that i can, how do i adjust the hdd?thanks

It should look something like this:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-3/1301168/power.JPG

Original Poster

Predikuesi;3119314

It should look something like this:

do i change the settings for 'hard disk'?

deadduck_145;3119336

do i change the settings for 'hard disk'?

Yes. Just duplicate the Plugged In setting as in my pic.

Original Poster

ok thanks ive think ive sorted it, 'cos im on vista i had to go on advanced settings.
thankyou

deadduck_145;3119352

ok thanks ive think ive sorted it, 'cos im on vista i had to go on … ok thanks ive think ive sorted it, 'cos im on vista i had to go on advanced settings.thankyou

No problem. Don't know much about Vista, but I'm sure it is basically the same as XP with regards to this. I had to go through Advanced too, and I thought you'd already reached that far. Don't duplicate my Battery settings as I never use my laptop without the power cord.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Trade in/Sell value for Nintendo SNES mini at CEX??23
    2. Black friday mobile deals44
    3. Help! In need of a PS4 Headset33
    4. Tesco Mobile, sims11

See more discussions