Found 13th Oct 2009
Basically my laptop won't load past where you turn it on and the vista bar comes up (the loading one) for about 2 secs then it blue screens and continously does the same thing any help anyone?
Thanks
jack

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Laptop
16 Comments

more details would help, is it still in warranty? or phone up the helpling for your laptop

try starting up in safe mode, Basically restart and hold f8 down as its coming on, select safe mode and see if it will let you do a system restore to an earlier date, worth a try.

windows.microsoft.com/en-…ode

Turn it off, go to bed try again in the morning. If no joy, come back here :P

*Is off to bed*

Banned

reload windows time

trip to pcworld think its £25 ish

herewego1234;6570742

reload windows timetrip to pcworld think its £25 ish

They charge £25 to reinstall the OS?

LOLed. I'm going to start advertising soon.

i have a back up with just vista on it,works out quicker to do a drive dupe than a re-install

raptorcigs;6570770

i have a back up with just vista on it,works out quicker to do a drive … i have a back up with just vista on it,works out quicker to do a drive dupe than a re-install

I used this to make a complete backup of hdd, it anything goes wrong just change hdd over

simples

spotmau.com/pro…tml

if you can get it to start up do this then if it happs again you can read the error code

Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

Click the Advanced tab.

Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.

Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.

Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

Now when you go to shut down and a fatal error occurs, you'll at least see it and it won't cause an automatic reboot. You still have to sort out what's causing the problem,

the blue screen will stop on and you comp will not reboot..you can read the error code then google it

some laptops have there own system restore (not the windows one)built in and you hit one of the f keys when you turn it on to get in to it..it's mainly on the toshiba ones

Original Poster

Basically, it said something about not being able to log on, so it then would log me off and then i'd try to log on again and it wouldnt work. then i turned it on and off, and it started doing the blue screen thing, so i inserted my windows installation disk, did a repair,l and now it just loads windows, and then where it should say welcome, it just loads my white mouse cursor, and then the black screen and stays on that.
any help?

Original Poster

btw dell and vista

Any memory card in the card reader?

Original Poster

shanecr;6571936

Any memory card in the card reader?

Nope, don't think so!
I'm not with my laptop atm, but im pretty certain there isnt one!

spikeyjacko;6571948

Nope, don't think so!I'm not with my laptop atm, but im pretty certain … Nope, don't think so!I'm not with my laptop atm, but im pretty certain there isnt one!

I have had exact same problem, and that was the cause, someone else posted a thread with this problem and I pointed out to check for memory card, that too was the problem that time. If I were you, I'd double check

Original Poster

shanecr;6572048

I have had exact same problem, and that was the cause, someone else … I have had exact same problem, and that was the cause, someone else posted a thread with this problem and I pointed out to check for memory card, that too was the problem that time. If I were you, I'd double check

Will do, but I don't think i even had the drivers for it installed!
I did a clean reinstall in august see ;-)

Banned

herewego1234;6570742

reload windows timetrip to pcworld think its £25 ish

or save yourself £25 and DIY - unless you're a complete idiot :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Nope no memory card!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Swimming goggles for 3 year old44
    2. printing pictures22