Groups

Laptop Help

Would like some help please. Am getting myself a laptop and only really want it for internet and playing on Football Manager and wondered if these specs would be ok.
    Got a couple of examples of Laptops

AMD Sempron SI-42 (2.1GHz). 3Gb (2Gb + 1Gb DDR2). 250Gb (5400rpm) SATA. 15.6 HD 200 CSV Display. DVD-SuperMulti +-R DL(SATA) Disc Drive. AMD RS780M Graphics

AMD Athlon 64 TF-20 processor,3GB RAM and 250GB hard drive,15.6in HD Acer CineCrystal display,8 x DVD SuperMulti dual layer drive,Integrated graphics,802.11 b/g WiFi,Multi-in-1 card reader,Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel Celeron Dual Core mobile processor. 3Gb RAM. 250Gb hard drive. 15.6in display. DVD Writer (+/-R+/-RW). Intel GMA 4500 graphics card. 802.11 b/g WiFi. Webcam. 6 cell battery. Windows 7 Home Premium.

go Big Brother-style with the 0.3 megapixel webcam's face recognition feature,stay cable free: this little beauty is WiFi-ready,pre-installed with Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Useful info:,Intel Pentium Dual Core T4200 processor,Atheros b⁄g WiFi,supermulti DVD±R DL drive,Intel GL40 integrated graphics

6 Comments

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;8352857

Any new laptop would do what you want

not looking to spend alot really thats why i have listed some specs as there the ones i would buy. Already have a decent desktop

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;8353138

Personally i'd avoid any that are Acer but they are all close enought to … Personally i'd avoid any that are Acer but they are all close enought to just get the one you like the look of the most or cheapest

Thanks for that, Rep Left

Going to get this one

go Big Brother-style with the 0.3 megapixel webcam's face recognition feature,stay cable free: this little beauty is WiFi-ready,pre-installed with Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Useful info:,Intel Pentium Dual Core T4200 processor,Atheros b⁄g WiFi,supermulti DVD±R DL drive,Intel GL40 integrated graphics,3gb ram,250gb hard Drive

As its a toshiba

whatsThePoint;8354507

good choice with toshiba :thumbsup:

you really think Tosh is a good choice? :oops:

Personally - Lenovo are good and reliable

Original Poster

I had a look online and some people are saying the graphics card wont run fm2010.
    Here is a link to Laptop I have bought

]http//uk…618

Also could i buy a new Graphics card for it?

Banned

michaelanderson;8369430

I had a look online and some people are saying the graphics card wont run … I had a look online and some people are saying the graphics card wont run fm2010.Here is a link to Laptop I have bought]http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/jsp/SUPPORTSECTION/discontinuedProductPage.do?service=UK&toshibaShop=false&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes&PRODUCT_ID=1070618Also could i buy a new Graphics card for it?

Graphics card needed to run football manager, it's just a glorified DB isn't it??. Back in my day of playing it well over a decade ago, the only thing holding it back for me was my 64mb of RAM :-D

Original Poster

master_chief;8369454

Graphics card needed to run football manager, it's just a glorified DB … Graphics card needed to run football manager, it's just a glorified DB isn't it??. Back in my day of playing it well over a decade ago, the only thing holding it back for me was my 64mb of RAM :-D

Yeah tell me about it, Gone of the championship manager days on amiga
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions