Groups

laptop help again, please

Banned
    I have done a restore to an earlier date to try and get my webcam going on msn, on trying to update msn it fails 100% and also on start up i get this in a box "egis update" im getting increasingly chuffed off

30 Comments

Still not sorted, you could try uninstalling msn completley with something like ]Revo uninstaller

Then try a fresh install of msn rather than an upgrade.

Original Poster Banned

jtx;6209480

Still not sorted, you could try uninstalling msn completley with … Still not sorted, you could try uninstalling msn completley with something like ]Revo uninstallerThen try a fresh install of msn rather than an upgrade.

i decided to go for a restore because i thought maybe some kind of setting had been removed, but it is no different, it has the most up to date driver, my nephew has just purchased the exact model and has no problems what so ever

Original Poster Banned

i have done a factory restore, and it is no different, everytime i download driver it just downloads the application which is already on my computer, arrgghhh

In contol panel programmes it says its acer crystal eye webcam version 1.1.74,216

but in device manager it says driver version 6.0.6001.18000

when i go to acer to download driver it just downloads the application

Is Skype still running in the background?

Original Poster Banned

jtx;6213325

Is Skype still running in the background?

not got skype, was onyl installed after i found webcam wouldnt work on msn, after a factory restore i havent installed it, so no

Ah ok, I just thought it might be conflicting somehow. You could try uninstalling the webcam from device manager? Dont really know what else to suggest tbh.

Original Poster Banned

could someone go to [url]www.acer.com[/url] and download the driver, not the application and see what it downloads as for me all it downloads is the application not the driver (acer aspire 5738Z) the chicony one

i got to be doing something wrong surely

I got Camera_Chicony_1.1.74.216_Vistax64Vistax86_A.zip

This unpacks to an exe file

Crystal_Eye_Installer_74.216.exe

And an inf file

;*****************************************; 1.INF;; Installation Script … ;*****************************************; 1.INF;; Installation Script for Windows;; Copyright (c) 2009 Acer, Inc. All Rights Reserved;;------------------------------------------------------------------------------;******************************************************************************; Version Section;------------------------------------------------------------------------------[Version]Signature="$CHICAGO$"Class=1ClassGUID={00000000-0000-0000-0000-08002BE10300}Provider=%Manafacturer%DriverVer=05/04/2009, 1.1.74.216[Manufacturer]1=AcerModels[AcerModels]AcerHWID = Acer,

Original Poster Banned

barneydog;6213414

I got Camera_Chicony_1.1.74.216_Vistax64Vistax86_A.zip

but is it the application, when you click on it it installs the application, i want the updated driver

Have you tried both camera drivers or is the suyin one for a different camera?

Sorry sassie I edited my previous post to add the extra info, according to the info on the site it should be the driver, I DL the file below

Camera Chicony Camera Driver 1.1.74.216 2.8 MB 2009/08/19

Original Poster Banned

jtx;6213453

Have you tried both camera drivers or is the suyin one for a different … Have you tried both camera drivers or is the suyin one for a different camera?

that is the one my nepwhew has on his, same laptop but that webcam with no problems, mine has the chicony

Original Poster Banned

barneydog;6213455

Sorry sassie I edited my previous post to add the extra info, according … Sorry sassie I edited my previous post to add the extra info, according to the info on the site it should be the driver, I DL the file belowCamera Chicony Camera Driver 1.1.74.216 2.8 MB 2009/08/19

when i download it it just runs the application the installer

im so getting cross with this, me and lappies dont seem to get on

Original Poster Banned

shall i uninstall it from uninstall programmes in control panel or via device manager

ur desperate to get msn webcam working arent you
    must be worth it;-):-D:roll:

Original Poster Banned

jasonrat;6213491

ur desperate to get msn webcam working arent youmust be worth … ur desperate to get msn webcam working arent youmust be worth it;-):-D:roll:

you never know you might get lucky ;-)

is it a built in webcam? my acer webcam doesnt work and hasnt worked for a while but if i put in a portable cam it works ok

sassie;6213478

when i download it it just runs the application the installerim so … when i download it it just runs the application the installerim so getting cross with this, me and lappies dont seem to get on

If the file I downloaded is the same as the one you got then as far as I can tell it's the right one.

Sorry I've no way of testing it for you sassie :oops:

i thhink i got the same issue as you sassie it works sometimes and reinstalled drivers etc but other times it doesnt now it doesnt work at all

Original Poster Banned

barneydog;6213514

If the file I downloaded is the same as the one you got then as far as I … If the file I downloaded is the same as the one you got then as far as I can tell it's the right one.Sorry I've no way of testing it for you sassie :oops:

yes its the same one, but when it comes up it says do i want to modify, repair or remove tried the 1st two and nothing happens it doesnt update the driver

Original Poster Banned

jasonrat;6213519

i thhink i got the same issue as you sassie it works sometimes and … i thhink i got the same issue as you sassie it works sometimes and reinstalled drivers etc but other times it doesnt now it doesnt work at all

do you have the same webcam?

its a built in logitech webcam to my acer laptop

Original Poster Banned

jasonrat;6213590

its a built in logitech webcam to my acer laptop

its all gobbley gook to me, it says a usb driver, yet its integrated :?

dont understand how it works on skype but not msn
    dont understanmd how in programes it says the new version and in device manager says another

Original Poster Banned

i uninstalled from both places (programme uninstall and device manager) and installed from acer site, and everything is the same as it was before, aaarrrggghhh why wont it update the piggin driver

Have you tried updating/uninstalling the driver in Safe Mode?

Original Poster Banned

dcx_badass;6214255

If it works with skype it's nothing to do with the drivers.

yes i thought that

right daughter home, and we just done a webcam video call, i can see her and she can see me, but on my screen it still shows a red cross through webcam, although she can see me on my screen it doesnt show me

Original Poster Banned

dcx_badass;6215633

Have you done the msn, audio and video setup wizard.

yes

now just tried it with my nephew and he cant see me and has red cross through webcam

Original Poster Banned

dcx_badass;6215665

Did you choose the webcam in the msn drop down list.

yes theres only default video webcam and video webcam, and tried them both, but thats weird as before they both said usb video webcam

Original Poster Banned

something must be conflicting with it, but i havent installed anything so its something that is already on it

Original Poster Banned

dcx_badass;6215943

It is a usb webcam....

my nephew has exact same lappy but with the other camera is doesnt say usb video webcam as mine did, but now mine only says video webcam, i cant belive im still struggling with this days later
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …83141
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748

See more discussions