Groups

Laptop help need. Please help wi fi set up

I have a new laptop a toshiba L300D and cant get the wifi working when i flick the switch it comes on but it is orange. i dont have the manual im sure its also online but you guys at hotukdeals if the first port of call it works with the Ethernet cable and the wifi is working on my other laptop so its not the router.

i have updated the drivers, which it told my to do in the offline help. but that didn't help the wifi.

One other thing i noticed in control panel there is no wifi icon but there is a sticker on the laptop "wifi Certified"

Please help im clueless

18 Comments

have a look in device manager and see if wifi is enabled..if not right click it and enable it

on my old tosh lappy i used the fn key and f8 to turn it off and on as well

Original Poster

terry7866;5021283

have a look in device manager and see if wifi is enabled..if not right … have a look in device manager and see if wifi is enabled..if not right click it and enable it

Wifi is not on that list just network adapters and realtek.

I have used one of them web and walk 3G usb pen drives do you think that might have changed some settings.

Orange light on a toshiba means its on,thats all i can help with! lol

Original Poster

terry7866;5021323

on my old tosh lappy i used the fn key and f8 to turn it off and on as … on my old tosh lappy i used the fn key and f8 to turn it off and on as well

It has the wifi symbol on F8 but it does nowt as far as i can tell and there is a switch at the bottom.

Im starting to thing it might not have wifi because it say says WiFi certified

Original Poster

i have been in the toshiba assistant and done the radar search, the wifi switch is on but it tell me that its not :x

on the bottom of the lappy there should be asmall cover that un clips or un screws..open it up itsnorm in there and norm has a thick blaclk wire going in and a thin white wire coming out

Original Poster

i have 70 window updates i hope it might be in there somewhere

Original Poster

terry7866;5021681

it is wifi ready … it is wifi ready http://www.cheap-it.com/%A3250-%A3600+Toshiba+Laptops/Toshiba+Satellite+Pro+L300D-136.html

thats part of the reason i bought it and why im annoyed its not working

if you go in to device manage it will be in there and just enable it..

or like i said hold down ur fn key and press f8 or f5 at the same time.on my acer it tells you on screen if its turned it on or off

Original Poster

terry7866;5021847

if you go in to device manage it will be in there and just enable it..or … if you go in to device manage it will be in there and just enable it..or like i said hold down ur fn key and press f8 or f5 at the same time.on my acer it tells you on screen if its turned it on or off

Wifi is not there i have opened every thing and there is not even a mention of WiFi

mwaters28;5021945

Wifi is not there i have opened every thing and there is not even a … Wifi is not there i have opened every thing and there is not even a mention of WiFi

It's unlikely to be called wifi, it'll just have the name of the wifi card.

did you get it sorted???????

Original Poster

terry7866;5027926

did you get it sorted???????

no

i still have to use the ethernet cable

it is wifi so it has to be in there somewhere...

did you download the manual??
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions