Groups

Laptop help needed again!!

My mate's laptop won't accept the internet on it. It's blueyonder the internet is plugged in fine. I haven't got the specs of the laptop but I could get them in about half hour (when they get back home) any tips or anything on what it could be?
    Also, I did ask if they had the different cables to plug in to the laptop (the ethernet and the other one) and she only had the one, can't remember which one though.

4 Comments

if its running through the ethernet then make sure the adaptor is turned on in the bios. if it is then make sure the driver is correcty installed, if its not either of these then run the network setup wizard to tell xp that the internet comes through the ethernet port

specs wont matter
    you need to post the detail of LAN properties

its on START - control panel - network connection - (right click) Local Area Network - klick properties tab

or

right click the small two-computer icon on the bottom left of your screen - click status -click properties

post the details here so we can figure out whats wrong

im sorry, theres another way to check where the problem is: your mates laptop or the router:
    do a power cycle reset.

unplug all power connection of the modem, the router and the laptop.
    wait for around 10 minutes (longer is better)
    power on the modem first, then the router and finally the laptop
    see if this solve the problem.

if not post the LAN properties as stated in my reply above
    good luck

Original Poster

Hiya,
    I'm in for a bumpy night as my son's dummy's disappeared, thank you for your suggestions but I'll have to try and do it tomorrow instead as my son needs me at the moment.
    Thanks again for your help and I'll be updating this tomorrow!!
    Night all xxxx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3931593
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764606
      3. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate12
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846336

See more discussions