Found 19th Oct 2009
hi all, wondered if anyone could help, my little boy spilt a drink on my key board of the laptop now instead of normal text we get text made up of letters and numbers, i would be greatful if anyone knew how to fix this or is it broken
many thanksxxxx

9 Comments

I would first try changing the key board itself, you can often buy spear ones on ebay.

take it apart and dry the keyboard out

all depends what kind of drink he spilt on it water is ok suger drinks no go, like dellboy said get another keybored and hope its not your system board gone

Banned

make sure the number lock isnt on. I once rang tech support and found my number lock was on by mistake lol

gR8_mUndA;6619881

make sure the number lock isnt on. I once rang tech support and found my … make sure the number lock isnt on. I once rang tech support and found my number lock was on by mistake lol

Yeah just as mentioned above. You will have hit the number lock while cleaning it. Usually the Fn key and one that says number lock:thumbsup:

Original Poster

I've tryed fn key and number lock it's not those,will have a look for new keyboard, i've found that if i press one key down it brings up the letters/numbers that are diagional to it.
he spilt tea on it.
thanks for your help.xxx

Banned

gR8_mUndA;6619881

make sure the number lock isnt on. I once rang tech support and found my … make sure the number lock isnt on. I once rang tech support and found my number lock was on by mistake lol

was there any reward for finding this out yourself?

alixxx;6620079

I've tryed fn key and number lock it's not those,will have a look for new … I've tryed fn key and number lock it's not those,will have a look for new keyboard, i've found that if i press one key down it brings up the letters/numbers that are diagional to it.he spilt tea on it.thanks for your help.xxx

Maybe still has tea/sugar/milk residue on the contacts or still damp causing a short between contacts.

Try drying it with an airdryer maybe or it may be in need of a new keyboard.

Banned

Dry it out with a hair dryer on cold to warm setting, if that don't work then replace the keyboard with one from Ebay as they will be cheaper than one from a main stealer.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. landlord trying to get tenant to purchase a new bed when the old one was al…1118
    2. Foo fighters presale code.3437
    3. THOMSON TUI 2 CRUISE PROBLEM - ANY HELP APPRECIATED22
    4. School shoes - with lights33

See more discussions