Groups

Laptop help part 2 - lol

Banned
    well after the last episode i have restored to factory settings, and everything is now working as should be, wireless back etc,etc,etc, no shutdowns or blue screens of death , till today :-( i nstalled windows live as couldnt chat to a friend abroad on the msn that was on comp, withing minutes blue screen of death and sent error report it is something to do with

Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection

Went through to intel and dont really know what i am supposed to be looking for, the error report wasnt helpful, and yes, you guessed it i shut it down by accident when opened up this page, anyone have any ideas, i have restored to a few days ago so windows live has now gone, but anyone know why this is happening

5 Comments

Sounds like your using the wrong drivers, if you can paste make and model and any other details
    will see if can track em down

Original Poster Banned

the driver version was 8.0.12.9000 so i have downloaded the newest driver, but where do i extract to:?

extract to any folder, got to control panel/performance and matinence
    then system/hardware/device manager
    select the wireless driver
    click update and direct it to the folder u extracted to

Original Poster Banned

i aint got a clue what im doing, when i say i will update, nothing happens it just looks like it is then finishes, but doesnt ask me where i want to go:?

when u go to up date it gives you 2 optiion choose the bottom one.
    "install from a specific folder:"
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Feels weird!23
      2. Xiaomi redmi note 4 firmware11
      3. Breath of the Wild Replacement Cover?57
      4. Any advice on mobile networks.1114

See more discussions