Groups

Laptop help please

Can someone tell me if this laptop is any good for my 9 year old son, He has £350 to £400 to spend after his birthday? Want something for the home, Web browsing (I want to ebay some stuff) and school work etc............ Is this the memory storadge and stuff I will need, Also will he have publisher or works on it, I am so computer thick!!!!
    Any other suggestions?

direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx

9 Comments

Banned

hotukdeals.com/ite…op/

is this the same one, if so maybe a chat to te op

sassie;3070474

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/247187/would-you-send-this-new-acer-laptop/is this the same one, if so maybe a chat to te op

The one you link to is an Acer, the one this person is asking about is a Dell.

Banned

oh right sorry op, didnt check out link, but looked same link as someone asked earlier and was the acer, please ignore my post above

You could almost certainly get a better laptop for the same money buying direct from Dell.

Buying Dell via Tesco's and other shops is more expensive.

The Dell laptop you link to has got Vista Home Basic on it which is the lowest level of Vista. I would try to get one with Vista Home Premium on it.

Apart from that the specs are fine.

It will NOT have Publisher on it as this is part of Microsoft Office and needs to be bought separately (although there is other publishing software available for free).

It WILL have Works on it (as it says if you scroll to the bottom of the page)

Dell Outlet are doing another £55 off and free delivery offer at the moment I think. There are Inspiron 1525/1535 with dual core processors, 120/160GB hard drive, 2GB RAM and with Vista Home Premium for under £300 if you apply the discount during checkout, just need to click the appropriate box.

outlet.dell.com/Eme…737

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, sorry to change things but would this one be a better buy?
    direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx

mumofthree;3072316

Thanks everyone, sorry to change things but would this one be a better … Thanks everyone, sorry to change things but would this one be a better buy?http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.204-6079.aspx

It has 3Gb of memory which is good, a fairly large hard disk, and Vista Home Premium.

The low price for laptops at the moment is about £300 (or a bit less) so to get this spec for £350 seems OK to me.

I have no experience of Acer but the price for the spec seems fine.

Original Poster

Thanks! heat an rep added to you all!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions