Groups

laptop help please

Hi, my son wants this laptop for christmas currys.co.uk/gbu…tml?istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istItemId=xtmmpiqllm&istBid=tztx&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~1011+%28PLA%29+Windows+Laptops+%26+Convertibles+-+Adaptive~1011+%28PLA%29+Windows+Laptops+%26+Convertibles+ad+group~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&kwid=GOOGLE&s_kwcid=DS!700000001428950!105916003459!!!g!!PRODUCT+GROUP&device=c&ds_kids=92700014660922710&PLA=1&gclid=Cj0KEQiA-MPCBRCZ0q23tPGm6_8BEiQAgw_bAgw7-A6vurzRiOK0TAwxNlNWTRlapY_TNxjpP8YhOycaAvEJ8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CL7IzbG689ACFWUD0wodFkUPiQ

Im not very good with laptops and have been searching for something abit cheaper but with the same specs as this, is this a good price for this laptop or has anyone seen this on offer anywhere else? Thanks

11 Comments

For under £400, this one may be a better option:
    laptopsdirect.co.uk/hp-…asp

It has a smaller harddrive for storage but uses an SSD which, along with the i5, will perform faster.

what does your son need the laptop for? Is it for school work, video editing, gaming? Is portability important or will it be used at home.

The important thing is as mentioned what do you want it for as if it is required for gaming for instance that one will not cut it but if it is for listening to music and social media it will do but you can get the same spec cheaper.

The currys laptop is a entry level i3 and will cover for most routine day to day tasks. It all depends on how much money you want to spend and that will dictate what specification your money will buy. An i5 based laptop will be mid range and would do things faster. Try pricerunner.co.uk and you can see what is on offer it will find the best prices online and in shops...priceless and save hours searching. Merry Christmas

Very are doing £100 back on all laptops over £349... tagged in with 15%/20% off for first time buys then that's a decent saving.
    That was my route this year... Worth a look surely.

Original Poster

chiccosanchez

what does your son need the laptop for? Is it for school work, video … what does your son need the laptop for? Is it for school work, video editing, gaming? Is portability important or will it be used at home.

He wants to play games and watch movies, thanks

Original Poster

kieranstoke

Very are doing £100 back on all laptops over £349... tagged in with 1 … Very are doing £100 back on all laptops over £349... tagged in with 15%/20% off for first time buys then that's a decent saving.That was my route this year... Worth a look surely.

Will have a look thanks

Original Poster

joesoap1

The currys laptop is a entry level i3 and will cover for most routine day … The currys laptop is a entry level i3 and will cover for most routine day to day tasks. It all depends on how much money you want to spend and that will dictate what specification your money will buy. An i5 based laptop will be mid range and would do things faster. Try www.pricerunner.co.uk and you can see what is on offer it will find the best prices online and in shops...priceless and save hours searching. Merry Christmas

Thanks

Original Poster

steveomatic

The important thing is as mentioned what do you want it for as if it is … The important thing is as mentioned what do you want it for as if it is required for gaming for instance that one will not cut it but if it is for listening to music and social media it will do but you can get the same spec cheaper.

For games and movies

Original Poster

steveomatic

The important thing is as mentioned what do you want it for as if it is … The important thing is as mentioned what do you want it for as if it is required for gaming for instance that one will not cut it but if it is for listening to music and social media it will do but you can get the same spec cheaper.

For games and movies

mummy to 3

For games and movies

​Do you know what kind of games he plays?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?57
      2. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??56
      3. GAP Insurance Recommendations11
      4. Any discount for paultons park?22

See more discussions