Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop Help!!! Please....

Hi Guys & Gals...

Our laptop finally gave up after 7 years of faithful service over the XMas period and we are looking to replace it and this is where I need your help.

Hubby gets 10% off at Currys/PC World through a staff incentive scheme at work so that is where we are planning on buying it from.

Budget is £380.00 max which with the 5% currys discount code, Quidco and 10% off vouchers will bring it down to £315.00 (we were looking to pay £300.00 so this is slightly over our budget)

We would like HDMI and webcam included. and the Toshiba Satellite L450D-113 looks as if it ticks all the boxes...

currys.co.uk/mar…738

What do you guys think??? is there an alternative we should look at or do you have any recommendations??? Something cheaper would be better. lol...

Thanks in advance - Sara x

6 Comments

No cant recommend that one. The processor is not great and is now a old hat single core processor. On laptops I can only really recommend Intel (this from an AMD fan!) . Only a few pounds more buys you ]this which is much better value.

Original Poster

Hi Gavin,

Thank you for responding, I was looking at that one just after i sent the email. For am extra £15.00 after the discounts I think i might take your advice. It says it has £200 off as well so looks like a good saving, providing there not exadjurating the RRP.

Sara x

princesspeanut;7443014

Hi Gavin,Thank you for responding, I was looking at that one just after i … Hi Gavin,Thank you for responding, I was looking at that one just after i sent the email. For am extra £15.00 after the discounts I think i might take your advice. It says it has £200 off as well so looks like a good saving, providing there not exadjurating the RRP.Sara x

TBH the spec is only worth £400 never £600. HP's are pretty well built too. Just make sure you uninstall all the junk that HP now put on the machines.:thumbsup:

princesspeanut;7443014

Hi Gavin,Thank you for responding, I was looking at that one just after i … Hi Gavin,Thank you for responding, I was looking at that one just after i sent the email. For am extra £15.00 after the discounts I think i might take your advice. It says it has £200 off as well so looks like a good saving, providing there not exadjurating the RRP.Sara x

It was sold for one day at £599 in Currys, Outer Hebrides branch. :roll:

It's a £350 laptop but if you can get it for less than that, it's a decent buy.

GAVINLEWISHUKD;7443056

TBH the spec is only worth £400 never £600. HP's are pretty well built t … TBH the spec is only worth £400 never £600. HP's are pretty well built too. Just make sure you uninstall all the junk that HP now put on the machines.:thumbsup:

HPs are well built internally but the cases are much flimsier than Toshibas! I speak from experience having kids who've dropped them at one time or another. :x

Original Poster

Thanks Guys, 5% discount code doesnt apply on collection orders!!! doh, Im still going to take advantage of the HP one, thank you both... Does anyone know of any other discount codes going around???
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40215
      2. word association Game73944498
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7151347
      4. What would be HELL to you?1922

See more discussions