Found 31st Mar 2010
Our youngen as done something to it, he said he as downloaded something to stop it getting a virus ...

Anyway now it wont let me start windows.......

It lets me start in safe mode but I get this message...

Windows Product activation:

This copy of windows must be activated with Microsoftbefore you can continue.You cannot log on until you activate windows. Because activation cannot occur in safe mode, please restart your computer in normal mode to activate windows.

But I cant start it in normal mode...

This is what I have tried in safe mode:
System Restore. (to a earlier date)
AVG virus scan.

Anyone any ideas??

I have to tell you, I know very little about computers.

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Laptop
9 Comments

well for what ever reason the version of windows thinks it not legit and has expired the activation period, re-install windows from scratch after you sort out backing up your data

Try a restore first if itll let you. restore to a time/date before ur son downloaded and installed whatever he did.

oops soz, try a reinstall or rescue disk.

standard embedded spyware - try to install a free spyware app and give it a full scan - should resolve the issues

Original Poster

It wont let me log on, only in safe mode........

Turn on the computer and log in in safe mode.

Go to filehippo.com/dow…re/ and download and install. Let it update, then run a full scan (may take over an hour).

Should remove any and all viruses on the computer.

Try to reboot and let us know how you get on.

Original Poster

DragonChris;8251100

Turn on the computer and log in in safe mode.Go to … Turn on the computer and log in in safe mode.Go to http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/ and download and install. Let it update, then run a full scan (may take over an hour).Should remove any and all viruses on the computer.Try to reboot and let us know how you get on.

It wont let me go online!!!!!:oops:

poolielad;8251545

It wont let me go online!!!!!:oops:

Download it from another pc and put it on a memory stick

as the computer is rebooting - press F8 and when you see a list of options select one that says (i think) safe mode with networking.

this will allow u to connect to the internet.

grabbit;8252083

Download it from another pc and put it on a memory stick

^This

BPD;8252157

as the computer is rebooting - press F8 and when you see a list of … as the computer is rebooting - press F8 and when you see a list of options select one that says (i think) safe mode with networking.this will allow u to connect to the internet.

^And maybe this. But save it from whatever PC you're on at the moment to a USB stick and install it on your pc.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How are these websites Direct2Mum, PreciousLittleOne?11
    2. Is this expensive?69
    3. 48 hour working time directive812
    4. MacBook66

See more discussions