laptop help please

I have a fujitsu siemens esprimo v5515 laptop which i want to reboot it to factory settings is this possible from the hard drive? as i have no cd for it i dont recall getting one with it it runs on windows vista home basic. Somebody has told me it may have a segmented drive how can i tell? is it hidden?

Any help would be great and i will leave rep thanks

2 Comments

When you say "reboot it to factory settings" I assume you mean install the Vista again. The drive may be segmented (partitioned) as said and if so the compressed copy of Vista may be on a separate partition but I'm not sure which key(s) to press to access it. You may be able to view the partition from "Computer", it will most likely be drive D or E.

When it powers on during the text pages BEFORE it enters Windows, try pressing F10, F11 or F12 and if you're lucky it will boot you to a menu and allow you to install the Vista from scratch. It may even be CTRL and one of those keys like it is with some Dells, it's a bit of trial and error. Try the Fujitsu site for more info, it should tell you what to do.

Original Poster

tallpete33

When you say "reboot it to factory settings" I assume you mean install … When you say "reboot it to factory settings" I assume you mean install the Vista again. The drive may be segmented (partitioned) as said and if so the compressed copy of Vista may be on a separate partition but I'm not sure which key(s) to press to access it. You may be able to view the partition from "Computer", it will most likely be drive D or E. When it powers on during the text pages BEFORE it enters Windows, try pressing F10, F11 or F12 and if you're lucky it will boot you to a menu and allow you to install the Vista from scratch. It may even be CTRL and one of those keys like it is with some Dells, it's a bit of trial and error. Try the Fujitsu site for more info, it should tell you what to do.

Thanks but does anybody know which key
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846070
    2. (heads up) Mini SNES price finally dropped on Amazon pre orders44
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763843
    4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2342

See more discussions