Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop Help Please and Thank You

Hiya!

Was hoping someone could help me i'm looking to buy a new laptop for my partners birthday looking for a HP or an ASUS i3 or above 6/8GB 750/1T Hard drive not looking to spend more that £350 if possible i am also a student so have unidays and student beans has anyone seen anything decent recently?

10 Comments

Don't buy Hp, I had two of them so far and my friend had 1 acer in the same time, hp laptops they overheat and is a pain to clean them, they wont go longer then 3 years.

I agree, don't get a HP. I had one and it was the worst laptop I ever bought. Just over a year and the screen stopped working.

Original Poster

gatogordo

I agree, don't get a HP. I had one and it was the worst laptop I ever … I agree, don't get a HP. I had one and it was the worst laptop I ever bought. Just over a year and the screen stopped working.

What do you have instead now? x

m.ebay.co.uk/itm…r=1 something like this fit the bill? I know it's a refurb but I bought the Toshiba equivalent last year for about £230 and it came fully boxed and spotless apart from a inch scratch on the lid u can't see unless at a certain angle. it's super quick and it's a lenovo which in my book is better than hp and on par with the Acer. my i3 5th gen is a great little machine tbh

the only hp I would look at would be the g5 250/255 but only the very bottom ones fit into your budget after a quick search

there's also an older gen i5 on the Argos eBay store for £20 over ya budget but think that's a grade b

Original Poster

dreamt12

there's also an older gen i5 on the Argos eBay store for £20 over ya … there's also an older gen i5 on the Argos eBay store for £20 over ya budget but think that's a grade b

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out!

no if I had a bit more time I'd dig out a few offers for ya but 2 under 3s are running me ragged here. I did a bit of research a month or so ago around this budget as my uncle asked me the same question

Original Poster

dreamt12

no if I had a bit more time I'd dig out a few offers for ya but 2 under … no if I had a bit more time I'd dig out a few offers for ya but 2 under 3s are running me ragged here. I did a bit of research a month or so ago around this budget as my uncle asked me the same question

Two under three you are a champ! Thanks again

Don't buy a laptop in general
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Electricity69
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…48
      3. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)59
      4. iPhone charging cable.917

See more discussions