Expired

Laptop help please under £300

Found 17th Jun
Hi to everyone who reads this.

I brought a Lenovo Ideapad 100S 11.6 Inch Atom 2GB 32GB Laptop over a year ago to do some work (mainly word and excel). I had to instal Microsoft office home and student 2010 as this is one I purchased a while ago and is sufficient for what work I do. Unfortunately I have now come across a problem that I can’t even update windows due to not enough memory (I store my work on external usb stick so I don’t have anything else saved on the laptop).

I am now looking to get a better laptop and wondered if anyone could provide and help on two New laptops I may have narrowed it down to:-

ebuyer.com/819…abu

And

ebuyer.com/819…abu

I just wondered what people’s opinions were as I want to avoid having the same problem like I encountered.

I would like a ssd as I have used one in the past and really like how quick it starts up.

I just wondered if the cheaper one hp 255 would be sufficient (not sure if AMD rather than the Intel of the 250 makes any difference for the basic use I use the laptop for matters and also not really fussed about screen as I only use about 50mins a day for typing.

Thanks for you help in advance

Richard
Community Updates
AskLaptop
3 Comments
If you bought this new from a retailer, you have to question whether this machine is Fit for Purpose as covered by the 2015 Consumer Rights act. 2gb RAM and 32gb disk mind boglingly small.

I have just looked at the Lenovo description of it and noting there suggests it is not capable of acting as a PC

If you are a common or garden user with no IT knowledge and were sold this as a PC capable of running Windows and Office, then you were taken for a ride.
Hi ccnp,

Unfortunately it was my mistake in the previous purchase and the decision was taken entirely by my without any advice from any retailer. For the first year the laptop Lenovo 100s did what I wanted but with window updates and then not being able to print (not enough space to install driver even though it was previously ok!) I am looking to not make the same mistake again, hence asking for any guidance on here.

Thanks for your response
Yeah these 32gb laptops are ridiculous for the average user, will just etc nothing but problems trying to allow windows to run its updates.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants