Groups

laptop install ati drivers but its Intel chipset.. tech advice needed?

Banned
    Hey guys..

I have an acer laptop which its graphics are by intel chip. however everytime my computer boots it trys to install ati hd 4500

what the heck is going on?

13 Comments

Original Poster Banned

mumbojumbo

Wrong BIOS flash? Wrong recovery partition?

bios is fine...

may need a reload yes... but was looking to other options.

Original Poster Banned

whatsThePoint

What model number is it?

aspire 5935G - bluray

Original Poster Banned

its actually got dual graphics...

itegrated and discrete, and yes in bios it states bios is ati.

but when i install ati graphics states the device fails to start? is this because im using switchable graphics? possible if i use integrated then try??

Original Poster Banned

whatsThePoint

Problem is likely to be its an acer, it should just work no matter which … Problem is likely to be its an acer, it should just work no matter which device you've set display to start withWhere are you getting the drivers from, ati or acer site?

windows update & acer support.

its only about 9 months old this laptop.

works fine just with intel chip
    Edited by: "dvhendo" 19th Jan 2011

dvhendo

windows update & acer support.its only about 9 months old this … windows update & acer support.its only about 9 months old this laptop.works fine just with intel chip

could you return it for a replacement?

Original Poster Banned

mumbojumbo

Is there anything you can alter in the power management settings to … Is there anything you can alter in the power management settings to switch on the discrete graphics?

ill check

Original Poster Banned

its got a powersmart option so im gonna download app for this

When you plug the pc into the mains, it should auto switch to the ATI card. However when running on battery it will switch to the integrated card. This is what should happen unless you changed the settings to tell the laptop to use one of the two cards continuously.

Original Poster Banned

Civic EG6

When you plug the pc into the mains, it should auto switch to the ATI … When you plug the pc into the mains, it should auto switch to the ATI card. However when running on battery it will switch to the integrated card. This is what should happen unless you changed the settings to tell the laptop to use one of the two cards continuously.

ok i see, thanks for the heads up.

Not sure on this model but is there a button to swap between the IGP and GPU. If there is what happens when you switch between the two?

Original Poster Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Not sure on this model but is there a button to swap between the IGP and … Not sure on this model but is there a button to swap between the IGP and GPU. If there is what happens when you switch between the two?

yes with the powersmart manager which ive downloaded but cannot get it to install - its not loading at all.

trying to sort it just now.

You using the 3820/4820/5820/T/TG series?

Original Poster Banned

Civic EG6

You using the 3820/4820/5820/T/TG series?

nope
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Apples new update58
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767162
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1837
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553745

See more discussions