Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop - Is this a good price?

I have been scouring laptops all week to find a suitable one for my course..

Basically i want a decent laptop that will last me my three years of university.. It has to be able to run Photoshop smoothly, and also be good for things like watching tele online..

This is one i have come across : laskys.com/com…tml

It is out of stock on this website, but the information is clearer on this website... I think i will be able to find it elsewhere, i just need a few opinions so that i can buy with confidence... What got my eye was the 4gb ram (DDR3), the 1gb graphics card, and the processor is of good quality..

Any opinions? Any suggestions? Budget around £550.. Thanks!

4 Comments

"Photoshop smoothly"

If you are loading up 12mp RAW pictures, in the hundreds, no reasonably priced laptop would suffice imo, although I have to ask, why do photo editing on a laptop screen???

If that 16" is wuxga then that laskys seems like a half decent deal.

Personally I'd get a £400 desktop (6-12gb i7 systems might be at this price come Christmas) which can be easily upgraded and save for a nice 24inch monitor which does the colour gamut you are after, compare any good tft to a laptop screen you'll see the benefit of proper colour representation.

Many a graphics designer producing stuff on laptops which when properly analysed on desktop screens look awful.

Original Poster

Well i do actually have a desktop at home, with a more than capable acer monitor... I could use that on it i suppose? I just think it will be a good choice to have a laptop for uni... As it is obviously portable. Do you not think photoshop will nt work well on the laptop? Its not exacly smooth on my desktop

karlgr;6280094

Well i do actually have a desktop at home, with a more than capable acer … Well i do actually have a desktop at home, with a more than capable acer monitor... I could use that on it i suppose? I just think it will be a good choice to have a laptop for uni... As it is obviously portable. Do you not think photoshop will nt work well on the laptop? Its not exacly smooth on my desktop

What you want to compare then is photoshop benchmarks on systems similar to your desktop to the laptop(s) you are interested in, cumbersome I know but £500 is alot of money...

Original Poster

Cheers for all the advice

I've been looking all over for a WUXGA laptop, with decent specs at around £500.. Do you think it's possible?

uklaptops.co.uk/sho…tml

That one seems like a good deal, but i don't think i'd trust the website..

Thanks again!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I've just had a flame deer pop up on my page , I'm confused44
      2. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1315
      3. A mini break to Edinburgh - recommendations for recommendations/area etc!57
      4. After a good deal for new work shirts!33

See more discussions