Laptop keeps asking to remove item to recycle bin

every time i click on desktop icon i get multiple do you want to remove item to recycle bin have tried virus scan and malwarebytes but nothing is sorting the problem out any body got any solutions. thank you. Laptop is lenovo g585 running windows 10

14 Comments

It may be that the delete key is stuck...

Original Poster

IamMT

It may be that the delete key is stuck...

thanks but dont think that is the problem

kstead1966

thanks but dont think that is the problem

Fair enough but it's a possible - try running a command prompt, then typing in a line of text and seeing if any gets deleted (don't press ENTER)

I am not familiar with Windows 10. What behaviour would expect when you click on it rather than remove to recycle bin? I'm assuming you are left-clicking and not right-clicking? Your mouse-buttons haven't got swapped by any chance?

Unplug the keyboard and try again. If no joy try a restore to a earlier point before you had this problem.

Is it a shortcut ? If so delete it and then recreate it.

Actually does the shortcut link to anything ?

Recently updated with win 10 or came with it? Upload a pic to get clearer advice

Original Poster

kester76

Actually does the shortcut link to anything ?

its just when you click on any desktop icon to open it

Original Poster

westy125

Recently updated with win 10 or came with it? Upload a pic to get clearer … Recently updated with win 10 or came with it? Upload a pic to get clearer advice

recently updated to windows 10 but cant down grade as its been over 30 days

kstead1966

recently updated to windows 10 but cant down grade as its been over 30 … recently updated to windows 10 but cant down grade as its been over 30 days

​Open admin command prompt and type in... sfc /scannow

Original Poster

kester76

​Open admin command prompt and type in... sfc /scannow

thanks will give that a try

Original Poster

tardytortoise

just saying just in … just saying just in casehttp://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-upgrade-has-reversed-mouse-buttons/7a3190b8-8510-4a76-8da9-5ddd4bb5cd68?auth=1

thanks thats certainly worth looking into
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. whats a worthy sony x3 compact replacement?11
    2. harley benton guitars11
    3. £18 per month sim only deal 25gb with EE good or bad?33
    4. Help choosing an Android box please.22

See more discussions