Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop lead

The lead to DD's laptop decided to start smoking last night I therefore need a new one

Anyone know the best place to buy one

Its a 19v 3.4A one

I can get one from PCworld parts for £34

Is there anywhere cheaper?

Thanks

9 Comments

Working with a lot of laptops I find that most are ok - between 19-20v 3-5A... the connection is the important bit! What's the model of the laptop?

Original Poster

its an Advent 7094

Original Poster

the bit that has broke is the wire from the laptop to the connector box, I still have the power lead that fits into a connector box (does that make sense)

Have you considered that the cause may not be a faulty PSU?

Original Poster

pghstochaj;2225036

Have you considered that the cause may not be a faulty PSU?

PSU??

The actual lead (where it connects into the laptop) was smoking, you can see where the problem is on the wire

I think its because the wire has been bent over a period of time

i bought one for my daughters lenovo from ebay - it was the charger and lead and cost £10 delivered and came within 5 days, from Hong Kong

Original Poster

thanks, will go have a look

Kirsty262;2225068

PSU??The actual lead (where it connects into the laptop) was smoking, you … PSU??The actual lead (where it connects into the laptop) was smoking, you can see where the problem is on the wireI think its because the wire has been bent over a period of time

Power Supply Unit.

You need to be careful in separating the cause and consequence. If you are sure that the cable got damaged and thus short circuited or similar, then replacing the PSU will fix the problem. If the problem was caused by something else, the new PSU will just do the same thing.

pghstochaj;2225170

Power Supply Unit.You need to be careful in separating the cause and … Power Supply Unit.You need to be careful in separating the cause and consequence. If you are sure that the cable got damaged and thus short circuited or similar, then replacing the PSU will fix the problem. If the problem was caused by something else, the new PSU will just do the same thing.

Good point - worth a £10 though...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does the app aznog still work?22
      2. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      3. Virgin Media TV67
      4. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023

See more discussions