Expired

Laptop needed tonight - cheapest instore price?

5 replies
Found 22nd Dec 2008
I bought a packard bell easynote limited edition (I forget the model number) Anyway, recently the screen has been going blank, a pop up appears detailing a problem with the video card... it comes back though (usually).

Long story short, i turned it on at lunch time and tried to load a program, the screen went black for a long period I'd say roughly 7minutes so I switched it off and tried rebooting, I can hear the cd rom drive turning...but nothing ever appears on the screen... I tried to leave it on to see if it would eventually do something but after an hour nothing had changed.

As I need to get work done before Christmas (nice timing isn't it ) I'm desperetly looking for a cheap laptop, that I can purchase instore.

Right now the cheaper the better, with regards to specs I'm a web designer and so preferably need something with a good processor and graphics card.

As this is so last minute though, I'm thinking I should maybe look for something with lower specs to tie me over Christmas then i'll sort out my original laptop after Christmas as it's still under warranty.

Any help?

p.s. I know I can get it repaired, it's more the timing than anything else

5 Comments

currys.co.uk/mar…403

Around £600. I don't know where you are but it is available to collect at Brent Cross. Seems to be acceptable spec-wise.

Original Poster

Thankyou, I actually work just under a mile from Brent Cross Although I was hoping for something a little lower than £600 preferably around the £200-£300 mark as this really is just a short term solution, something that would potentially become a backup computer should this happen to me again once my Packard Bell is fixed

Also at under £400 but still with 3Gb RAM and available at Brent Cross -

currys.co.uk/mar…uct

I wouldn't go for anything less than this and even this one may be too much of a compromise in other areas for graphics design work.

Have you tried to update the drivers for your graphics on the laptop - longshot but could work.

Comet take you pick. Don't forget cash back and any codes or vouchers when picking retailer.]http//ww…ops
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed444
    2. Anyone know of any budget laptops which charge through USB-C?66
    3. Hi all does anyone have an idea for n what a good price for a sun room / ex…22
    4. Cannot upgrade to iOS 11.0.345

See more discussions