Laptop not charging

My laptop has been flicking on and off charging, when it turned off I just moved the wire and it turned back on, now it's finally gone caput.
The wire has about 10 bite marks with insolation tape around it from where the rabbit has bit it but they were from months ago and i've had no problems, after i've wrapped it up in tape.

The wire goes like this. From the socket to the 'AC Adapter' then the AC Adapter to the back of the laptop, i've unplugged everything and still it's not working.

I heard beeping and it was coming from the AC Adapter it was quite rapid beeping like a heartbeat. It obviously stops when I unplug it.

Anyone know what my problem is and where I can get a new laptop charger?
It's an PSAANE-03U02GEN

Link to Laptop is below.

28 Comments

The problem is that you have a rabbit which chewed into the cable, you should be able to pick up a replacement fairly cheaply, Also i'd check all your other cables in the house that your rabbit had access to.

maplins

Original Poster

JasonMason;4647430

The problem is that you have a rabbit which chewed into the cable, you … The problem is that you have a rabbit which chewed into the cable, you should be able to pick up a replacement fairly cheaply, Also i'd check all your other cables in the house that your rabbit had access to.

Yerp weve done that, cost us a fortune, including 2 phones.

Any idea where I can get them cheap?

Original Poster

strike;4647440

maplins

Could you see if you could help me find me one?

I am looking but had no luck at the moment.

The PART NO for the AC Adapter is - PA3469E-1AC3
The Model is - PA- 1750-08

borolad94;4647493

Could you see if you could help me find me one?I am looking but had no … Could you see if you could help me find me one?I am looking but had no luck at the moment.The PART NO for the AC Adapter is - PA3469E-1AC3The Model is - PA- 1750-08

put your laptop model plus the word 'charger' into google or ebay search, end.

try looking on amazon marketplace, i bought a replacement one on there a few months ago.
there are loads of electrical places such as maplins that sell them too.

If the rabbit becomes too expensive then offset its 'expenses' by making it 'replace' a meal for the family - rabbit pie!

Original Poster

kungfu;4647506

put your laptop model plus the word 'charger' into google or ebay search, … put your laptop model plus the word 'charger' into google or ebay search, end.

Done that, no luck, not end.

]This may be more cost effective

Original Poster

shanecr;4647520

Not funny.

loads of replacement cables for laptops here - some universal ones too with multiple adaptors for the back of the laptop

amazon.co.uk/s/r…owe

shanecr;4647520

hmmmmm,,, rareeebit!

JasonMason;4647430

The problem is that you have a rabbit which chewed into the cable

:lol: LOL

moob;4647571

:lol: LOL

I couldnt help it, he answered his question in the first paragraph.

Original Poster

JasonMason;4647610

But it has been fine for months, that's why i was confused on why it's given up now.

JasonMason;4647610

It was your turn of phrase that cracked me up. :lol:

Repped - if it will let me.:thumbsup:

borolad94;4647642

But it has been fine for months, that's why i was confused on why it's … But it has been fine for months, that's why i was confused on why it's given up now.

even though you re-insulated the cable using electricians tape that doesnt mean the problem is solved, unless you were able to look inside the cable you probably wouldnt be able to see the full extent of the damage and which strands of cable were pressed against other bits. Im surprised it lasted 4 months and equally surprised your house is still standing:whistling:

moob;4647647

It was your turn of phrase that cracked me up. :lol:Repped - if it will … It was your turn of phrase that cracked me up. :lol:Repped - if it will let me.:thumbsup:

occasionally i have my moments

Still can't rep you - dunno why this happens so often, I click on the rep icon and I mouse over to enter text in the box and it disappears. :lol:

Banned

does it have to be the same make as your lappy, been looking for one for mine and cant find one

Why not repair the cable properly? Will be cheaper in the long-run and good practice and mending things that are repairable

Its probably shorted where the rabbit bit it but you could strip back on either side of the bites and do a proper repair (there is a chance its totally kaput if it has shorted out though...);-)

For info..
Not a good combination http://home.iprimus.com.au/cojoco/126-2630_IMG.JPG

moob;4647706

Still can't rep you - dunno why this happens so often, I click on the rep … Still can't rep you - dunno why this happens so often, I click on the rep icon and I mouse over to enter text in the box and it disappears. :lol:

No worries mate,

JasonMason;4647756

No worries mate,

S'alright - got there in the end.:thumbsup:

Exact same thing happened to my laptop and i forked out for a new charger and it turned out to be the motherboard. I suggest you get it checked out at a repair store.

moob;4647706

Still can't rep you - dunno why this happens so often, I click on the rep … Still can't rep you - dunno why this happens so often, I click on the rep icon and I mouse over to enter text in the box and it disappears. :lol:

When it does that, press the Tab key a few times. How many times depends on how many links there are onscreen, but it should take around 10 presses until focus gets to the Rep Message text box, and one more to jump to the Add To Rep button.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614062
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523398
    3. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…77
    4. WONGA REFUNDS DUE185922

See more discussions