Groups

laptop problem please help.

hi all right i have had my lappy since last xmas and have had nothing but problems with it the latest being the writing on the screen is massive now its not on the internet explorer where i can change my view from 100% upwards if you know what i mean (sorry i am completely useless as far as computers go lol.)it must be some sort of setting, i am currently on my partners laptop as i cant even sign in to this site as the writing is so big i cant even sign in i have had loads of probs with this laptop and my partner has just put it back to factory settings for me to sort its problems out but now i am stuck with the huge writing like sitting with your eyeballs on the screen. please help me so i can finally use it again.

12 Comments

What is the laptop model and what operating system are you using?

is the writing just large on websites , of so if you hold down ctrl then press minus it should decrease the size

SuperEd

if u got a wheeled mouse try holding down CRTL and moving mouse wheel or + or -

Set the screen resolution to something sensible. Sounds like it's defaulted to a low res VGA.

Original Poster

its a samsung R510 and i am on vista.

Original Poster

right i will give it a go.thats if i can even find the resolution thingy lol.

Shengis;7344959

Set the screen resolution to something sensible. Sounds like it's … Set the screen resolution to something sensible. Sounds like it's defaulted to a low res VGA.

I too think its a screen resolution setting. Try resetting. Try the guide below

]http//wi…ion

Original Poster

pink-ka;7344950

is the writing just large on websites , of so if you hold down ctrl then … is the writing just large on websites , of so if you hold down ctrl then press minus it should decrease the size

no everythings large its like sitting with your eyes 1cm off the tele lol.

Original Poster

nomeames;7345047

I too think its a screen resolution setting. Try resetting. Try the guide … I too think its a screen resolution setting. Try resetting. Try the guide below]http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Change-screen-resolution

awww cheers i will give it a try.i am glad you added a link on how to do it i wouldnt of had a clue otherwise lol.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7345059

Nothing is wrong with your laptop except the user, all of that is … Nothing is wrong with your laptop except the user, all of that is problems caused by you.

it probably is like i say i am useless as far as computers go but thanks for pointing it out to me.:roll:

greyparrot;7345072

awww cheers i will give it a try.i am glad you added a link on how to do … awww cheers i will give it a try.i am glad you added a link on how to do it i wouldnt of had a clue otherwise lol.:thumbsup:

Hope you get it sorted. I can also see some new drivers being released for VGA graphics for your model (23-12-2009). It is worth updating the display drivers but make sure you get the right drivers. If you are not comfortable doing it, get someone else to do it who knows about it.
    ]http//ww…ort

Turn the laptop off , take the battery out for 5 minutes and then restart. Might get rid off any lockups.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. WWE SummerSlam 2017 discussion thread!11
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1423
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?29132
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764196

See more discussions