Expired

Laptop problem.... touchpad click

5 replies
Found 27th Dec 2009
I have had the lappy 6 months and no problems. I turned off the "touchpad" click when i bought it due to the way i type (lay my hands across the lappy). A couple of days ago I noticed it had come back and can't turn it off.

Basically it's putting pressure on the touchpad clicks items. When i'm typing something it closes things, deletes text etc. it's highly annoying when i'm doing some coding.

I opened the dell app for the touchpad and the settings are still the same as I left it. I looked in control panel under mouse and the touchpad doesn't show.

I need this turned off soon or I am going to throw this bloody thing. It's a dell inspiron laptop running on vista.

I have google'd etc and can't fix this. It's the most irritating thing possible,

5 Comments

It should be FN + another key. On Acers its FN+F7. Just look on the keyboard for a finger symbol.

Original Poster

Shengis;7342197

It should be FN + another key. On Acers its FN+F7. Just look on the … It should be FN + another key. On Acers its FN+F7. Just look on the keyboard for a finger symbol.

Can't see a finger symbol, my top buttons control the wireless, monitor, brightness, sound and playing etc of movies.

I have tried them all and got zilch :?

Stupid dell :x

faevilangel;7342241

Can't see a finger symbol, my top buttons control the wireless, monitor, … Can't see a finger symbol, my top buttons control the wireless, monitor, brightness, sound and playing etc of movies.I have tried them all and got zilch :?Stupid dell :x

It may be on one of the alphanumeric keys. IBM machines were like that. You could try reinstalling the driver or just removing the one on there. I feel your pain btw, bloody irritating innit?

Original Poster

Shengis;7342278

It may be on one of the alphanumeric keys. IBM machines were like that. … It may be on one of the alphanumeric keys. IBM machines were like that. You could try reinstalling the driver or just removing the one on there. I feel your pain btw, bloody irritating innit?

Will do that in a sec :thumbsup:

It;s a bloody pain, keeps moving the screen down, clicking the emotions etc :x

Original Poster

It's been fixed woooooooo!!

The driver must have been damaged. I tried everything from updating driver, so last option was shengis' option of reinstalling it and it worked

Thanks a lot Shengis. I can now stop getting irate over a touchpad :lol:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I5 7600k vs i5 740022
    2. Topcashback trick or treat cashback giveaway23
    3. disneyland paris tickets44
    4. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed433

See more discussions