Expired

Laptop recommendation

Found 29th Dec 2017
Hi all,

Looking for some recommendations, and appreciate this may not be possible but looking for a good laptop with the below spec (or there abouts) on a budget. I'm pretty tech savvy but so much has changed since my last laptop I'm a bit out of touch for what's good.

Budget: prefer to pay £500 or less but up to £600 for one that ticks all the boxes.

15.6" screen or higher (touchscreen a bonus but not essential - contrary to most people complaining about them I use it a lot at work as a compliment to a mouse - good for scrolling between big documents)

SSD preferably 256gb (bonus if has say a 500gb or 1tb HDD too)

Windows (well you can't get an Apple under my budget anyway)

Good processor, in my head this is around 2.5ghz or higher - not sure the thoughts on these ones with turbo boost up to c. 3.0ghz with a base c. 1.5ghz. Good cache too.

Ram would prefer minimum of 4gb (but 6 or 8 is obvs better) preferably with option to upgrade for future proofing.

Decent graphics card, not looking for gaming, want to do photo editing mainly but if it could play a few lower end games it'd be good

SD card reader, a few usb 3.0s and the odd usb 2.0 or so (need about 3 in total), dvd/rw or similar preferred but not essential these days.

Hdmi useful, decent keyboard (with the number pad a bonus)

Can't think of anything else right now, that's enough to keep those not at work and bored in the post Christmas lull entertained!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions