Laptop Recommendation - Huawei Matebook X Pro 2018 vs Microsoft Surface Laptop 2?

Posted 22nd Sep
Hi fellow HotUKDealers,

I'm looking to replace my dying 7 year old HP laptop with a good all rounder, ideally priced between £700 to £1000.

I'm not a gamer so graphics are not important but I would like a well made Windows laptop that can easily handle basic photo editing and possibly music recording in addition to the usual basic web browsing and word processing etc.

Other minimum requirements are at least 256GBSSD, 8GB RAM, intel i5 or Ryzen equivalent, a good keyboard and ~ 14" HD screen. A touch screen is not absolutely required but would be a nice feature to have.

After a lot of research I think my best two options that tick my boxes that are well reviewed are the 2018 Huawei Matebook Pro X i5 256GB SSD 8GB RAM available at amazon currently for £975, and the equivalent specced Microsoft Surface laptop 2 (slightly more expensive).

I would really appreciate hearing what the community would recommend what to go for out of these two, or perhaps if there any other recommended models out there?

Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

1 Comment
I've done some research on both those laptops specifically for the 3:2 ratio and touch screens. I'm leaning towards the adaptability of the Surface as well as the IMO superior build quality. If you go for the Surface wait till after October 2nd because they have an event and there could be a spec bump so the existing models could come down in price a little bit.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants