Laptop Refurb - any recommendations?

Posted 24th Mar
Morning all. Hope you are all keeping safe. I may need to purchase a couple of laptops for my kids school work during lockdown. Sadly the ipads aren't helping as the work keeps being lost on the platform the school are using and its causing me more stress then anything. I have been looking on Laptop Outlet on ebay - but just want something that will work for the basic school work. Browsing not even needed as they can do games on their ipads. Any recommendations on laptop deals or basic specs that worth looking at. Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Have you looked at ITZoo?
Gollywood24/03/2020 12:13

Have you looked at ITZoo?

heading there now to have a look, thank you
You should be able to get recommendations from the school regarding the platforms they use. If they use google they may recommend chromebooks.
colinged24/03/2020 12:30

You should be able to get recommendations from the school regarding the …You should be able to get recommendations from the school regarding the platforms they use. If they use google they may recommend chromebooks.

They use eSchools and it’s shockingly rubbish. Not user friendly in my opinion especially when your running to work and the kids at home. It’s like a web page when you add things but if it refreshes you lose your work
sarahbrooks010724/03/2020 12:32

They use eSchools and it’s shockingly rubbish. Not user friendly in my o …They use eSchools and it’s shockingly rubbish. Not user friendly in my opinion especially when your running to work and the kids at home. It’s like a web page when you add things but if it refreshes you lose your work

In that case it may be more related to what they are using rather than the device accessing it so your problem may still persist with new device. Many people dont like chromebooks and there are limitations but for your use case it seems like a chromebook would be good (cheapish, no complicated updating, good battery life and quick to load). Would be good to run this past school as they will know if you will struggle with their curriculum using a chromebook
Edited by: "colinged" 24th Mar
If you don't mind refurbished laptops (most have warranty)

I have bought several laptops and desktops over the last few years from IJT Direct

Never had a problem.
And morgancomputers.co.uk/ is another really good outlet and they like a good haggle over the phone.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants