Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop repair help??

Banned
    I recently dropped a glass on my laptop and it happened to smash 4 keys. I have tried to fit the keys again but a few are fully broken in two and they actually need soldering back in.

Can anyone suggest where I can get this fixed at a relatively cheap price??

Its a sony vaio laptop by the way.

(See picture)

6 Comments

I've actually bought S/H keyboards from ebay for a couple of my laptops .I think a new one from sony would be very expensive.There very easy to change .

Original Poster Banned

But as I said they don't just fit back in, they need metal clips but they were damaged at the time along with the keys. Cheers anyway.

davidhurn;2681095

But as I said they don't just fit back in, they need metal clips but they … But as I said they don't just fit back in, they need metal clips but they were damaged at the time along with the keys. Cheers anyway.

Yes , I know , keys are quite hard to put back , I've tried myself . But , what I'm saying is a second hand keyboard , not second hand keys .I change loads of KEYBOARDS on laptops , there easier to fit than the separate keys .

ricko;2679491

I've actually bought S/H keyboards from ebay for a couple of my laptops … I've actually bought S/H keyboards from ebay for a couple of my laptops .I think a new one from sony would be very expensive.There very easy to change .

keys from sony are £5 each,
    you should get 3 for that price from ebay

Yes search for a keyboard on ebay then fit yourself. Loads of videos on youtube if you are not sure whats involved. Its easy!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction2262
      2. Just an thought regarding Paypal1211
      3. Leaking electric shower911
      4. O2 Priority concert tickets1324

See more discussions