Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop Request

Banned
    I am wanting to buy a good laptop which will last me 4 years which is how long my uni course will be. I have a budget of about £1500. I would like a laptop with the new core duo cpu and also good graphics. I was looking at the dell XPS M1710 extreme laptop which you can get with 4 year warrantry and 2gb ram at £1,974. Am i right in thinking if i bought this through quidco I would get 20% off or is it 6% off? If it is 20% off i could probably afford this laptop.
    Also can anyone reccomend a good laptop for this price.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

9 Comments

I believe if you were to go through quidco for that laptop, you would receive 21% cashback in total on the pre-vat price. I think this would be 21% of £1,679.79, which would be roughly £353 cashback. (I think my calculations are right there...someone correct me if not!)

Assuming the cashback gets tracked and paid, this means you are paying about £1621...

Newmezza if you go via the Quidco route please make sure you clear your cookies and cache before you click on the quidco link...

This is the only way I have found to make sure transactions get tracked!

On something of this value I wouldn't take any chances.

Regards,

Shahie

The XPS M1710 is a very big laptop, I had the old XPS Gen 2 and had to replace it with a 6000. Please make sure you do not want to lug this lappie around too much....but it's a real cracker!!

Original Poster Banned

21% cashback seems a very good deal to me and thanks for the advice shahie. I decided against an alienware laptop because they were 6kg and big but this dell one is 4kg. Is 4kg still a lot for a laptop twinkle?. Is there a laptop tht is gd spec and quite mobile out there. Also is there any laptop sites where u cn get gd quidco money back.
    Thanks for all the help.

[COLOR=navy]How about a this XPS M1710 spec?[/COLOR]

Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2500 (2 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 667 MHz FS … Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2500 (2 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB)Microsoft Operating SystemGenuine Windows® XP Home Edition, SP2 (incl Operating System Re-Installation CD)Memory2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024)KeyboardSingle Pointing Internal Keyboard - UK/Ire (QWERTY)Video Card512MB DDR3 nVidia® GeForce™ Go 7900 GTX graphics cardHard Drive100GB (5,400rpm) Hard DriveModem56.6k V.92 Capable Internal Modem & AdapterCD/DVD DrivesFixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive Double Layer with SoftwareWireless Local Area NetworkingIntel® Pro Wireless 3945 802.11a/b/g Mini PCI Wireless LAN Card for Duo ProcessorsShipping DocumentsSystem Documentation Gedis Bundle ReferenceN07XPS1 - XPS M1710 GoodMicrosoft Application SoftwareMicrosoft® Works 7.0 - EnglishStandard Warranty1-Year International On-site serviceCover It with Dell Support Services4-Year International On-site serviceAntiVirus & Security SoftwareNo Security/Anti-Virus ProtectionPower Supply130W AC AdapterDigital PhotographyCombo: Paint Shop® Pro and Photo Album® TrialOrder InformationInspiron Order - UKPrimary Battery9 Cell, 80Whr Lithium Ion Primary BatteryCarrying CasesNo CarrycaseAdobe ReaderAdobe Reader 6.0 - EnglishPromotions Hidden Option ClassPromo Hard Drive Upgrade SATA 80GB(5400) - SATA 100GB(5400)Dell Internet OrderDell Internet Order.Network assistantNetwork Assist - 90 Day TrialLCD17" UltraSharp™ Wide Screen WUXGA (1920x1200) TFT Display with TrueLife™TOTAL Incl. VAT:£1,878.83

[COLOR=navy]With 21% QuidCo cashback to take off that, worth around £335[/COLOR]

Welcome to HotUKDeals by the way newmezza

Bear in mind the other factors mentioned above, such as the weight and size. I know these newer models have longer battery life and are lighter than my 17" P4 though.

I guess it depends on what you want to do with it...if it's mainly for static use then the price with a 21% discount is great...better than the outlet, where I got my Latitude X1 with a £400 saving but currently not much saving on the XPS's.
    I'm female and hate lugging stuff around....do you need the 17 inch screen?...otherwise I'd consider a top spec 6400...you could even get one with a free upgraded warranty (3 yrs) if you use the outlet.

PS Raymans deal is good.

Original Poster Banned

I dont need a 17" tft screen but i do want it to be good spec. This dell laptop seems perfect apart from it may be too bulky. I have seen an asus lamborghini laptop which is a similar spec and is stylish and weighs only 2.5kh but i cannot find it cheap. Is there anywhere where you can buy the lamborghini laptop and use quidco or a promotional code or something. I am wanting it in the colour black aswell if that is possible.

There were some Dell XPS M1710's on the outlet this week with 512meg graphics for around £1200-1400 delivered.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Bearded chat816
      2. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407242
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767498
      4. What would be HELL to you?3358

See more discussions