Groups

laptop required for the home

I've just returned a HP G5 (£560) because I was disappointed with the full HD screen.

I'm looking for a decent screen that I can use to read posts on HUKD and watch the YouTube links from it :D. And it must have a SSD drive and 15.6 inch screen

I've looked at the Hp envy (£780) but am a bit hesitant now so if ppl can give a recommendation/opinion on a laptop with a good screen for under £800 please.

10 Comments

if thats all you are doing i cant even see the point of an SSD drive and to be honest most laptop screen are nearly all more or less the same, quite a few models have the same screens even if different manufacturers, unless you go for one with a 4K screen which will probably be more than you want to spend, but if all you are going to do is what you posted its a waste of money
    Edited by: "voyager123" 4th May

Original Poster

I know it's a bit much for what I've listed but it will be used for other stuff
    I've only listed my priorities the rest I can manage with.
    SSD is for the quick start up.

Edit -
    The graphics card probably needs to be decent for the screen. The processor can be an i5 or lower.

Edited by: "Joey.Bloggsy" 4th May

Joey.Bloggsy

I know it's a bit much for what I've listed but it will be used for other … I know it's a bit much for what I've listed but it will be used for other stuff :)I've only listed my priorities the rest I can manage with.SSD is for the quick start up.

trust me its really doesn't make much of a difference on starting,but they are good for other things.

from what you are saying the envy seems more suit for what you want, but someone else might now a better laptop than it which with anyluck will be cheaper

Edited by: "voyager123" 4th May

voyager123

trust me its really doesn't make much of a difference on starting,but … trust me its really doesn't make much of a difference on starting,but they are good for other things.from what you are saying the envy seems more suit for what you want, but someone else might now a better laptop than it which with anyluck will be cheaper

​Don't know about that as replacing my normal drive for an SSD took Windows 7 boot time from about 2mins until everything had settled down to around 20 seconds.

I also notice a lot of difference in opening apps.

And that's in an old i3 CPU.

Original Poster

Yeah I always assumed SSD is much faster.
    Thanks anyway

Dragon32

Don't know about that as replacing my normal drive for an SSD took … Don't know about that as replacing my normal drive for an SSD took Windows 7 boot time from about 2mins until everything had settled down to around 20 seconds.I also notice a lot of difference in opening apps. And that's in an old i3 CPU.

i only got about 5 seconds but it was brand new when i replaced the drive so that might of had a lot to do with it

hotukdeals.com/dea…398

14 inch screen, but its high res and ips
    plus 14 inch screen is more portable

Original Poster

Lumsdot, sry I did edit the title to say 15.6 , I would prefer that for watching any DVDs movies, backlit keyboard is always a plus , I'll have a look to see if they do that in 15.6.
    Other pluses are a nvidea card and from John Lewis

Original Poster

Silly question maybe but would a 4K model be better in terms of the screen or a decent graphics card both on a full HD

4K Hp laptop

Edited by: "Joey.Bloggsy" 4th May

Joey.Bloggsy

Silly question maybe but would a 4K model be better in terms of the … Silly question maybe but would a 4K model be better in terms of the screen or a decent graphics card both on a full HD 4K Hp laptop

you not going to get the best out of high end games with the graphics on this, older games it will run great but newer heavy demanding games will be lower resolutions and will have to turn down the setting to medium or low. but films etc will look great
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1444
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1427
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767106
      4. word association Game73744435

See more discussions