Laptop screen replacement, any idea of rough cost?

The screen on my laptop is dead, i can use it by connecting it to an external monitor.
Just wanted to know roughly how much would be reasonable for the Panel to be replaced in terms of parts and labour.
It's 15.4" Glossy widescreen TFT.

Thanks

7 Comments

Look on eBay to see if anyone is selling one. I replaced mine about 18 months ago and paid £35.00, though HP wanted around £150.

Probably needs a new ribbon cable instead of a complete screen. Cable shouldn't cost too much though. Probably not cost effective to replace screen if faulty.

Original Poster

Thanks Predikuesi Screen is £70 +, How much labour can I expect to pay?

bargain surfer;7476876

it is very easy to do, OH did his the other month and it was done within 15 minutes, search youtube for how to do it, once u seen the vid clip. it will be easy.

bargain surfer;7476876

It is easy to do yourself. Go to the website of the maker and download the mechanics manual, it will be the largest PDF. Usually takes around 40 minutes to do (keep the screws in a cup:)). It sounds daunting, was for me, but it isn't difficult at all.

I discovered that it was far from easy. It could be a duff inverter.

Predikuesi;7477032

It is easy to do yourself. Go to the website of the maker and download … It is easy to do yourself. Go to the website of the maker and download the mechanics manual, it will be the largest PDF. Usually takes around 40 minutes to do (keep the screws in a cup:)). It sounds daunting, was for me, but it isn't difficult at all.

i replaced my daughters was quite easy to do
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2238
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523394
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614053
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846051

See more discussions