Laptop SIM card

Found 21st Apr
Hey everyone!

So I’m looking for a 4G SIM card to put in my laptop as my WiFi at home is terrible and frankly I’m not sure if the ones which are put under the SIM only thread are any good for laptops given I only want to use data. Unlimited data would be nice but I’m also not willing to pay more than £20 a month ..so might be a bit of a struggle lol. Does anyone have any recommendations or at least know whether I can use a normal SIM card in a laptop (I have a Lenovo T430)?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
AskLaptopSim
6 Comments
When you use your data on your phone at home is that terrible? If so then it would be the same on your laptop and I wouldn't bother.
If you got one for £20 a month and had it for a year that's £240. £240 could make pretty much any size house have a fantastic wireless single where ever you are in the house.
Something like these:
amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1

There are many other alternatives.
RiverDragon81 h, 22 m ago

When you use your data on your phone at home is that terrible? If so then …When you use your data on your phone at home is that terrible? If so then it would be the same on your laptop and I wouldn't bother.

Nope, got a Vodafone SIM and works perfectly. Internet is terrible as there’s no fibre optic in my area and so I get like 5mbs with Talk Talk at most
MIDURIX1 h, 18 m ago

If you got one for £20 a month and had it for a year that's £240. £240 co …If you got one for £20 a month and had it for a year that's £240. £240 could make pretty much any size house have a fantastic wireless single where ever you are in the house. Something like these:https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07643DVCT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1There are many other alternatives.

Would that work if there’s no fibre optic and do I need to be on BT? Good suggestion tho!
Casiolynn26 m ago

Would that work if there’s no fibre optic and do I need to be on BT? Good s …Would that work if there’s no fibre optic and do I need to be on BT? Good suggestion tho!

When you said WiFi I though you meant your wireless signal in the house is bad, not the speed of the broadband. If you have 5Mb broadband that really is plenty fast for one stream of HD video and certainly fast enough for lots of different devices browsing the Internet. I just moved to bt and got that device, I have no idea if it works with other providers.
Monthly 100GB 4G cellular data via VM (EE) £20/month on 12m SIMO. Offer expires 23 April 2018.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions