Laptop sleeps after 2 minutes inactivity?

Found 6th Jun
I have my laptop connected to my monitor, but if I leave my desk for 2 minutes, the laptop turns off? I have the power settings in the battery section to sleep after 20 mins, so why could it be doing this?

I wake my laptop up via the mouse as it's a 2.4ghz wireless one, so could it be mouse related?
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Is your laptop connected to the mains as this has different settings.
kester765 h, 28 m ago

Is your laptop connected to the mains as this has different settings.

Yeah it is but I've updated the power settings that state to sleep after 20 mins.
Is it sleeping or screen off? Both look the same and fact the same when you move mouse or hit button.
Check your screen saver settings
mrty7th Jun

Is it sleeping or screen off? Both look the same and fact the same when …Is it sleeping or screen off? Both look the same and fact the same when you move mouse or hit button.

I think it's sleeping as the laptop is silent. I usually wake my laptop up when I want to use it by clicking the wifi mouse button when connected to a monitor.
33939335-1mvcP.jpgwithin the actual settings there that could be set low, click on windows and search sleep, open the advance settings and go through them all and adjust the sleep settings in there. If you have a work laptop there can be corporate settings that switch off screens or lock screens but these dont normally make them sleep.
Edited by: "eslick" 8th Jun
eslick10 h, 8 m ago

[Image] within the actual settings there that could be set low, click on …[Image] within the actual settings there that could be set low, click on windows and search sleep, open the advance settings and go through them all and adjust the sleep settings in there. If you have a work laptop there can be corporate settings that switch off screens or lock screens but these dont normally make them sleep.

I have 15 mins on plug, 10 on battery. I still don't get why it's doing it?
superfreddy30 m ago

I have 15 mins on plug, 10 on battery. I still don't get why it's doing it?

Seems odd, try making it zero or restore defaults might fix it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants