Groups

laptop speaker help

Long story short, i think my internal laptop speakers are blown

1)When i play music on just the internal speakers sound comes out of only one side and is very poor quality

2)when i play music on headphones it on plays on one side and quality is very poor

3)when i play music on external speakers (not usb but the same hole as the headphones..I think its called 3.5 jack?) it only plays on one side and quality is poor

I have right clicked on my computer and the audio driving seems to be up to date

I have heard if i buy new external usb speakers (which have their own sound cards) the sound will be ok through them?

Can someone advise me abit?

Thanks

5 Comments

Banned

try re installing your drivers or updating them to start with and make sure you havnt got 1 speaker turned down in the settings.....obvious i know but....

Original Poster

casparwhite;7276511

try re installing your drivers or updating them to start with and make … try re installing your drivers or updating them to start with and make sure you havnt got 1 speaker turned down in the settings.....obvious i know but....

they are up to date and I have tried to uninstall them, then windows updates it ect..

and it says the speakers are balanced, but sound only comes out of one side with poor quality

Banned

cant be your speakers mate if you are getting same problem with headfones and other speakers, must be a soundcard issue

try googleing your make , model and checking forums for similar probs more than likely someone else has had the same issue

http://www.fonerbooks.com/images/sound.gif

It's not the speakers if it's doing the same problem with the headphones, it's either the sound circuitry on your motherboard or just some settings set wrongly in your operating system.

An easy way to check whether it's the latter is to use a LiveCD or LiveUSB version of Linux. If the sound has problems there then it's a hardware issue and a USB or ExpressCard sound card should bypass the problem.

If it's a software issue then a new sound card may not help.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;7279658

It's not the speakers if it's doing the same problem with the headphones, … It's not the speakers if it's doing the same problem with the headphones, it's either the sound circuitry on your motherboard or just some settings set wrongly in your operating system.An easy way to check whether it's the latter is to use a LiveCD or LiveUSB version of Linux. If the sound has problems there then it's a hardware issue and a USB or ExpressCard sound card should bypass the problem.If it's a software issue then a new sound card may not help.

dont quite understand
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Hatchimals on Ebay - are they fake?33
      2. Nightmare with BT over Broadband56
      3. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?46
      4. Android "Amazon rewards" pop-up???66

See more discussions