Laptop suggestion

Hi,

Looking for a new laptop with a budget of £600 the one below is the best I could find.

Just wondering if that's the best I can get for my budget, i would really appreciate any other recommendations it can be used or refurbished.

ebuyer.com/759…abu

9 Comments

What are you looking to use it for? General use? Gaming? Touchscreen? Hybrid laptop/tablet?

Original Poster

It will just be for general use, connecting it to TV via HDMI and streaming movies/TV shows and also browsing the internet.

that seems massive overkill for your purposes! I got a 2nd hand gaming laptop from ebay for £300! You could get away with a chromebook or if you want windows then a hp mini etc.

amazon.co.uk/HP-…ook

for windows

amazon.co.uk/Ace…ook

for chromeos

you might need to get a memory card for storage but you can get 128gb for £30 usually

Tesco Outlet, I've had several refurbs & all were brand new, 12 months warranty
stores.ebay.co.uk/tes…004

Agree that that's a massive overkill for your needs

Go for some of the outlet laptops with warranty and save the money. Maybe spend it on something else like good speakers. I would suggest dell outlet range latitude or vostro laptops. Do add the 3 year next business day warranty as that comes in handy

Original Poster

Just looking at the laptops suggested above will they run fine with multiple tabs open? My current one tends to freeze, it has 4GB ram and a 2nd gen i3 processor.

I thought buying one similar to the OP would be better for the long run.

Memory shouldn't be an issue as I have an external hard drive.
Edited by: "zlat101" 18th Jun

zlat101

Just looking at the laptops suggested above will they run fine with … Just looking at the laptops suggested above will they run fine with multiple tabs open? My current one tends to freeze, it has 4GB ram and a 2nd gen i3 processor. I thought buying one similar to the OP would be better for the long run.Memory shouldn't be an issue as I have an external hard drive.

​Hey. The ones I recommended should have a longer battery life than 2nd gen i3 as more modern and power efficient but they are unlikely to be faster based on passmark and raw grunt.

I recommended a chromebook as it is less bloated than windows but that does make me wonder about possible software solutions.

My ex wife's laptop was a first gen i5 and just stopped working. I just reinstalled windows 10 using the built in factory reset option on windows and it is playing games wonderfully now.

Multiple tabs is a problem when adverts open. I have an atom based netbook great for streaming but I have adblock plus on my chrome so wouldn't be able to reproduce your scenario.

I suggest a conbination of

installing adblock plus add on for firefox or chrome (or use opera browser as had an ad block mode but not tested that)

and maybe factory resetting windows from within windows operating system

see how that does you? it really is adverts that tend to slow browsing and there are moves to have them go through a whitelist whereby no videos play without permission.

then your 2nd gen i3 with 4gb will be greatm Memory is great for multiple tabs

Forgot to say if we need i7 for browsing the world has gone kaput! i7 is for video editing. ok laptop cpus are not the same as desktop but as consumers we should revolt if we cannot browse the web on a celeron range let alone an i3. So we are with adblock!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA88
    2. iPhone 7 32GB Black Unopened67
    3. Pet lifetime insurance advice needed33
    4. Ditched Sky44

See more discussions