Laptop suggestions around £500 with i5 and hp please

Posted 12th Aug
As above do need hp and intel pls for routine home laptop
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

If you can wait to see if stock becomes available or search around; i would say decent laptop
D3LL80Y12/08/2020 20:39

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/asus-vivobook-x509ja-ej028t-core-i5-1035g1-8gb-256gb-ssd-156-inch-full-hd-windows-10-laptop-ps44997-3519727If you can steer away from hp

Thanks
why HP?
cache13/08/2020 10:55

why HP?

Dont mind Lenovo, I don't know how other brands r like Toshiba acer Asus don't like dell
dave.richardsonskV13/08/2020 11:03

Dont mind Lenovo, I don't know how other brands r like Toshiba acer Asus …Dont mind Lenovo, I don't know how other brands r like Toshiba acer Asus don't like dell

from my experience I would avoid HP at all costs. Lenovo would be one of my higher choices, really its all about bang for buck so i wouldnt worry too much about brands, even HP! unless you have your heart set.
will you be doing any gaming at all?
cache13/08/2020 11:17

from my experience I would avoid HP at all costs. Lenovo would be one of …from my experience I would avoid HP at all costs. Lenovo would be one of my higher choices, really its all about bang for buck so i wouldnt worry too much about brands, even HP! unless you have your heart set.will you be doing any gaming at all?

No gaming only streaming
I would avoid HP and Lenovo on battery grounds - Seen a lot of hp machines with swollen batteries and cooling issues, and lenovo batteries that have died fairly quickly.
alg13/08/2020 11:31

I would avoid HP and Lenovo on battery grounds - Seen a lot of hp machines …I would avoid HP and Lenovo on battery grounds - Seen a lot of hp machines with swollen batteries and cooling issues, and lenovo batteries that have died fairly quickly.

Cool thanks
Why i5? The new Ryzen 4 series chips are amazing!
Stuart_Henderson13/08/2020 11:36

Why i5? The new Ryzen 4 series chips are amazing!

Oh sorry I thought Ryzen was a cheap version of intel!!!
No, AMD and Intel are direct competitors
dave.richardsonskV13/08/2020 11:38

Oh I see thanks so is Ryzen good then?

The latest one's are - they are more powerful bang for buck than Intel....might mean that you get more years out of your machine.
Stuart_Henderson13/08/2020 11:40

The latest one's are - they are more powerful bang for buck than …The latest one's are - they are more powerful bang for buck than Intel....might mean that you get more years out of your machine.

Oh great will look at them.. cheers
agreed, ryzen 4 series are the best bang for buck, intel single core better for gaming, but as you arent, look for a ryzen 5 that starts with 4... so Ryzen 5 4600 for example
cache13/08/2020 11:50

agreed, ryzen 4 series are the best bang for buck, intel single core …agreed, ryzen 4 series are the best bang for buck, intel single core better for gaming, but as you arent, look for a ryzen 5 that starts with 4... so Ryzen 5 4600 for example

That's so helpful thanks
dave.richardsonskV13/08/2020 11:50

That's so helpful thanks

will be looking for you, but best deals usually posted up here, i think Lenovo 15 was pretty good but not sure about these battery issues someone mentioned, ive never had a problem with lenovos!
cache13/08/2020 12:00

will be looking for you, but best deals usually posted up here, i think …will be looking for you, but best deals usually posted up here, i think Lenovo 15 was pretty good but not sure about these battery issues someone mentioned, ive never had a problem with lenovos!

Ur the best
do you have access to student?

if so: lenovo.com/gb/…2UK

Lenovo IdeaPad 5
AMD Ryzen 5 4500U
8.0GB DDR4-3200
256GB SSD
Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics

£476.99

-- something to beat potentially! You can pick up student account quite cheaply and may be worth looking into if we can't find anything better specced or equally specced for the price sub 500
cache13/08/2020 12:09

do you have access to student?if so: …do you have access to student?if so: https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/gbeducation/laptops/ideapad/s-series/ideapad-5-14are05/p/81YM0012UKLenovo IdeaPad 5AMD Ryzen 5 4500U8.0GB DDR4-3200256GB SSDIntegrated AMD Radeon Graphics£476.99-- something to beat potentially! You can pick up student account quite cheaply and may be worth looking into if we can't find anything better specced or equally specced for the price sub 500

I don't have student unfortunately but happy to go upto 600£ so will have a look
Edited by: "dave.richardsonskV" 13th Aug
lets see what other people post up, plenty of gurus on here!
Post a comment
@
    Text