Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop Suite for 17 Yr old

Hi,

Looking for a laptop that I can get for a 17 Year old who is about to start college. I thought it might be useful for her to have one, so she can take it with her, etc.

Any ideas? Not wanting to spend a fortune.

7 Comments

E-Buyer and PC World have some starting from £299. You're obviously not getting a top spec machine for this price but something that will give all the features you should need (web surfing/word processing etc)

heinzmanm

E-Buyer and PC World have some starting from £299. You're obviously not … E-Buyer and PC World have some starting from £299. You're obviously not getting a top spec machine for this price but something that will give all the features you should need (web surfing/word processing etc)

Check the dell deals section of this site :thumbsup:

I've seen some dual core machines for around 350 popup up on there.

Original Poster

Thanks, got a Dell Dual Core, with others stuff on for £364. Seems areally good buy.

Was it a vostro by any chance?

Original Poster

yes, should be here 21st, apparently.

Be prepared for a long wait..
    I was one of the first to get a vostro [ordered a day or two after they came out here]

So i was lucky

But they're short on some vostro parts and are delaying orders.

I hope it comes for you though

Ordered mine on 18th of July, had a E/D/D of 07 August
    I had it at my door by the 27th.

[url]www.quidco.com[/url] £9ish cashback > h41306.www4.hp.com/ite…7AA + HPOPTF code =
    £261 laptop

For the naysayers on ram, streamline it, turn off the fancy **** and it's fine so long as no major app is loaded.

£10ish gets you another 512mb anyways if you need it.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9378/hp530mp7.png
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions