Laptop that can play games like skyrim for around £300-£400

Found 1st Sep 2012
As the title really wonder if anyone has any recommendations.
Thanks.
Community Updates
22 Comments
whatsThePoint

get something from the dell outlet site

Thanks will have a look.
An Ivy Bridge i5 will let you play on minimum settings.
your going to struggle with just a 300/400 budget.
Erm I paid £400 for mine from comet. Plays skyrim on high with high res texture pack so don't think that's true Daytrader.
Op don't be put off by lack of dedicated graphics the trinity apu graphics are pretty good.
mobile.comet.co.uk/p/L…002
Also food speakers and usb 3.0. Highly recommended
JoshJoshJosh

Erm I paid £400 for mine from comet. Plays skyrim on high with high res … Erm I paid £400 for mine from comet. Plays skyrim on high with high res texture pack so don't think that's true Daytrader.Op don't be put off by lack of dedicated graphics the trinity apu graphics are pretty good.http://mobile.comet.co.uk/p/Laptops/buy-ACER-V3-551-84504G50-Laptop/305002Also food speakers and usb 3.0. Highly recommended

Thanks looks good, does it run skyrim well e.g any lag or other issues?
hotukdeals.com/dea…335

i bought the quad core one a few weeks ago for £319 and it's played anything i've thrown at it
search on here for "acer 5755g"

unless my comment with the link appears
Zmanx19

Thanks looks good, does it run skyrim well e.g any lag or other issues?

Nope, runs pretty smoothly even with half a dozen graphical mods on. Only other demanding game I've played is Mass Effect 3, which also runs fine.

I had considered the 5755g that has been linked to here but in the end went for this. Might be worth going to your local Comet and having a look in person, that is what decided it for me, both are capable enough laptops but I liked the look/feel of this one.
JoshJoshJosh

Nope, runs pretty smoothly even with half a dozen graphical mods on. Only … Nope, runs pretty smoothly even with half a dozen graphical mods on. Only other demanding game I've played is Mass Effect 3, which also runs fine.I had considered the 5755g that has been linked to here but in the end went for this. Might be worth going to your local Comet and having a look in person, that is what decided it for me, both are capable enough laptops but I liked the look/feel of this one.

Thanks for the advise, will probably have a look.
dataload

search on here for "acer 5755g"unless my comment with the link appears

Where did you buy the quad core one for £320?
Zmanx19

Where did you buy the quad core one for £320?

hotukdeals.com/dea…795
Edited by: "dataload" 1st Sep 2012
dataload

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/acer-aspire-5560g-amd-quad-core-15-6-gaming-laptop-319-98-ebay-dabs_outlet-1288795

Hi
Thanks for the info really helpful, what kind of games have you played on this?
Zmanx19

HiThanks for the info really helpful, what kind of games have you played … HiThanks for the info really helpful, what kind of games have you played on this?

i don't play pc games that much but i've tried bf3, mw3, gta, arma2/dayz and they all run very well

just been on can you run it and for skyrim the only issue is the ram, 4gb is recommended but it'll run with 2

heres a couple of videos of skyrim running on it, some places have upgraded the ram on this to 6/8gb but to do it yourself only costs around £15 anyway

youtube.com/wat…uXA
youtube.com/wat…nxA

Edited by: "dataload" 2nd Sep 2012
I'd like to upgrade the ram myself but does it void the warranty? Same goes for an SSD?
JoshJoshJosh

I'd like to upgrade the ram myself but does it void the warranty? Same … I'd like to upgrade the ram myself but does it void the warranty? Same goes for an SSD?

it wont void the warranty
Here is a review of the (1331ea):
techradar.com/rev…iew

This model is being sold at Currys and PC World for £349 but Refurbished. Well worth the look as it uses the powerful A8-3520M APU, which has an integrated 6620G GPU, but the Pavillion doesn’t rely on it alone. HP has added in a 7450M (a rebranded 6490M) with 1GB of dedicated GDDR3 for some dual-GPU fun.

Edited by: "pinguy" 3rd Sep 2012
Not trolling or anything but have you considered buying a console? Its pretty easy buying a console as it runs Skyrim at 60 FPS. However if you own a console I'll consider the Acer quad core laptop mentioned here :).
brawlzzz

Not trolling or anything but have you considered buying a console? Its … Not trolling or anything but have you considered buying a console? Its pretty easy buying a console as it runs Skyrim at 60 FPS. However if you own a console I'll consider the Acer quad core laptop mentioned here :).

Always frame rate drops and nasty tearing, and this isn't sparse, its constant
Edited by: "abch4" 3rd Sep 2012
brawlzzz

Not trolling or anything but have you considered buying a console? Its … Not trolling or anything but have you considered buying a console? Its pretty easy buying a console as it runs Skyrim at 60 FPS. However if you own a console I'll consider the Acer quad core laptop mentioned here :).

I have played skyrim on ps3 it crashes alot also i want to be able to try some mods on the game.
pinguy

Here is a review of the (1331ea): … Here is a review of the (1331ea): http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/laptops-portable-pcs/laptops-and-netbooks/hp-pavilion-g6-1331ea-1087078/reviewThis model is being sold at Currys and PC World for £349 but Refurbished. Well worth the look as it uses the powerful A8-3520M APU, which has an integrated 6620G GPU, but the Pavillion doesn’t rely on it alone. HP has added in a 7450M (a rebranded 6490M) with 1GB of dedicated GDDR3 for some dual-GPU fun.

Worth noting though that the integrated graphics alone in the Trinity A8 scores better than the dual setup in the HP.
Thanks for everyone's help, went for the Acer Aspire 5560G as mentioned by dataload.
Anything else like the acer 5560 as missed out on deal or anyone know if itll be back?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants