Laptop to setup lab with 2 to 3 virtual machine

Posted 18th Nov
Hi All,

This Christmas I'm looking to buy a laptop primarily for my learning and create a lab environment with 2 to 3 Linux virtual Machine. Could you please suggest the optimal laptop configuration / specifications for my usage.
I will not be using it for gaming .
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
You'll have to clarify what you mean by lab. Security 'research'?
Lab environment will be used to create small two node kubernetes cluster, learning
1. web applications development,
2. docker containers
3. MongoDB deployment
4. Learning DevOps tools
I hope it clarifies my use case..
Many thanks for your suggestions and time !!!
Rahul_Salve18/11/2019 17:14

Lab environment will be used to create small two node kubernetes cluster, …Lab environment will be used to create small two node kubernetes cluster, learning 1. web applications development, 2. docker containers3. MongoDB deployment4. Learning DevOps tools I hope it clarifies my use case.. Many thanks for your suggestions and time !!!

"Cloud first" is the current trend.

Is there a reason AWS/Azure won't work for you? Especially as local DevOps is kinda defeating the point..

Go for the free trial with Azure and see if that meets your requirements..

Starts at $0.045 per cpu hour.
adam_holcombe18/11/2019 17:47

"Cloud first" is the current trend. Is there a reason AWS/Azure won't work …"Cloud first" is the current trend. Is there a reason AWS/Azure won't work for you? Especially as local DevOps is kinda defeating the point..Go for the free trial with Azure and see if that meets your requirements.. Starts at $0.045 per cpu hour.

Hi Adam, unexpected cost is main motivation for me as if I miss to terminate resources immediately after my work Azure AWS billing keep incurring cost. I have to quite careful even for learning , practice test
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions