Expired

Laptop to television s-video cable?

14 replies
Found 2nd Mar 2008
Hi guys,

I was wondering whether anyone can point me in the direction of a site that is selling s-video cables so that I can connect my Dell Vostro laptop to my television.

I know that this is the one I need:

us.st11.yimg.com/us.…087

, but the site is based in America and their PayPal payment system is more than a little ropey.

I need a cable with an s-video connection on one end and an RCA and audio jack connection on the other.

Any help would be brilliant. =)

Thanks a lot!

13 Comments

Original Poster

Thank you, Karen... but I don't think what I need is on that site, sorry.

I want one cable that will allow me to connect my laptop to the television, so that both picture and sound play on the TV. I have one cable that has an s-video connection on one end and the red/yellow/white RCA connections on the other, but I need the same one that includes an audio jack connection too.

It's the one in the picture link in my original post. If anyone can link me to a site/ebay shop that offers that cable, I'd be extremely grateful. =)

Thanks.

What Karen showed you is an S-VIDEO cable the picture you supplied is not an s-video cable. If you want whats in the picture try maplins. If you cant get one single cable then

: Buy an RCA female to RCA MALE cable (VIDEO)
: Buy a Headphone Plug[SIZE="1"](whichever size you need)[/SIZE] to 2 x RCA male (AUDIO left & right)

AUDIO CABLE maplin.co.uk/Mod…3m3
and
VIDEO CABLE maplin.co.uk/Mod…3m3

Banned

i got a cable will upload pics and see if thats what your needing its the rac yellow and the svideo with te 3mm jack for sound?

us.st11.yimg.com/us.…087

thats what i have then if i wanted scart used card rca r w l svideo to tv

can have the leads and svideo apter to card fro 13£ delivered,

you may need svideo 7 tp 4 pin. will have to ckeck what i used

also have a blue vga to yellow rca and svideo 4pin out.

Original Poster

Hi, logyon.

That's the cable I'm after, yep. I posted exactly the same image in my original post. =)

Are you offering to sell me yours for £13?

My Dell laptop has a 7-pin s-video port.

Banned

shuandrew;1664472

Hi, logyon.That's the cable I'm after, yep. I posted exactly the same … Hi, logyon.That's the cable I'm after, yep. I posted exactly the same image in my original post. =)Are you offering to sell me yours for £13?My Dell laptop has a 7-pin s-video port.

so ur needing the rca lead with svideo and 3mm jak

yeah you can have it as i dont need it

Original Poster

That's right, yep.

Just to make it really clear, the cable I want has:

One end with a 7-pin S-Video connection that will connect to my laptop

And the other with a 3 RCA (white red, yellow connection, as well as the 3mm jack for audio

So that both video and audio play through my TV when connected to the laptop. =)

I'd be happy to pay £13. If you PM me with your details (PayPal easiest?) then I'll send you the money, as well as details of my eBay account feedback. =)

Thanks a lot.

Banned

cable and accessories sold pending details and pics over

Banned

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3162/2309011110_30f786c313_m.jpg

Banned

item sent yesterday via rm first class signed should arrive today or tomorrow

ok, your picture wasnt to clear to some:

You can buy one here for $2.50 incl delivery

dealextreme.com/det…723

Banned

pcfairs;1684374

ok, your picture wasnt to clear to some:You can buy one here for $2.50 … ok, your picture wasnt to clear to some:You can buy one here for $2.50 incl deliveryhttp://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4723

read my post above

Banned

item sent yesterday via rm first class signed should arrive today or tomorrow
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Lego Dimensions has officially been cancelled.23
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…2545
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769321
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland1437

See more discussions