Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop to TV cable

looking for a cable to connect my laptop to my tv, to watch films off of. laptop is a mac, had a look on apple but wasnt sure what cable i needed and probably cheaper from elsewhere?

3 Comments

Ok, your really going to have to give us a fighting chance to help you here.

What laptop do you have, what connectors do you have on it.

More than likely you will have a VGA port on your laptop. 15 pins in 3 rows of 5. If thats the case, check back of TV. If you see something similar then go to maplins/tescos/dixons and get a VGA to VGA cable.

Failing that you may have an S Video Port. Again look for similar port on TV and if both have S Video, go to maplins/tescos/dixons and go purchase.

Just remember one thing, you might want to get a 3.5mm to whatever your TV takes to run the audio as well.

Have fun.

Original Poster

sorry about that lol didnt know it would be that complex

got a macbook, white

these are the 'tech specs' ive found relating

Video output options

DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter

VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter

Dual-Link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter

Wildheart79;3369418

Ok, your really going to have to give us a fighting chance to help you … Ok, your really going to have to give us a fighting chance to help you here.What laptop do you have, what connectors do you have on it. More than likely you will have a VGA port on your laptop. 15 pins in 3 rows of 5. If thats the case, check back of TV. If you see something similar then go to maplins/tescos/dixons and get a VGA to VGA cable.Failing that you may have an S Video Port. Again look for similar port on TV and if both have S Video, go to maplins/tescos/dixons and go purchase.Just remember one thing, you might want to get a 3.5mm to whatever your TV takes to run the audio as well.Have fun.

Won't have any of those mate.

You'll need either the mini-dvi or mini-displayport to * adaptor, depending on what your telly has.

If it's the brand new aluminium 'brick' macbook it'll be the mini-displayport, but i'm not sure if you can get the S-Video/Composite adaptor anymore.

Presuming you've got an LCD or Plasma, you should be able to use the mini-displayport to VGA adaptor straight in, or the mini-displayport to DVI, with a DVI-HDMI adaptor on the end as well.

EDIT: just read you said 'white', it'll be the old one then.

Needs a mini-dvi to * adaptor, about £15 from apple, not really anywhere else cheaper, you can get student discount or quidco though.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Beds44
      2. What's the best gas and electric deals about ?88
      3. Do you use a case on your iPhone?55
      4. Amazon prime subscribe & save49

See more discussions