Groups

Laptop to TV via HDMI no sound help needed.

As above I was trying to watch iplayer through the laptop (Acer) into my TV LGPJ550 via HDMI.

Picture is there but no sound, have gone into sounds in the control panel and set it to the HDMI option,

Any advice, googling seems to throw up the same issues but no real answers.

9 Comments

I presume it is set as the default device? If is is active but another audio output is set to default then there will be no sound.

Original Poster

Thanks, but not sure I fully understand what you are saying, the laptop sound default is set to HDMI output.

Go into sound settings and select the TV as default. You should see this screen:

http://keithelder.net/blog/images/keithelder_net/blog/WindowsLiveWriter/Windows7SoundEasilySwitchBetweenSpeakers_EC1C/image_thumb_2.png

But with an additional TV screen option.

Is it a HDMI to HDMI cable or a VGA to HDMI cable?

Are the green bars on the level meter moving?

dcx_badass

As a VGA to HDMI cable wouldn't work (and working ones do not exist) then … As a VGA to HDMI cable wouldn't work (and working ones do not exist) then it will be HDMI to HDMI.Also please don't try and prove me wrong on this matter, someone tried that last year and ended up getting proved wrong multiple times. VGA to HDMI requires a relatively expensive converter box, a straight cable never has and never will work.

What he said.

VGA is an analogue signal. HDMI is a digital signal and using a simple cable, nether the twain shall meet.

Original Poster

It's HDMI to HDMI

The green bars aren't moving at all.

In my sounds settings it doesn't come up with a TV output just a HDMI output and the speakers one.

dcx_badass

As a VGA to HDMI cable wouldn't work (and working ones do not exist) then … As a VGA to HDMI cable wouldn't work (and working ones do not exist) then it will be HDMI to HDMI.Also please don't try and prove me wrong on this matter, someone tried that last year and ended up getting proved wrong multiple times. VGA to HDMI requires a relatively expensive converter box, a straight cable never has and never will work.

Woah chill buddy! I was asking him that question because if he had been using a VGA to HDMI cable then that would have explained his problem.

dcx_badass

No it wouldn't because they said they had video, VGA to HDMI would not … No it wouldn't because they said they had video, VGA to HDMI would not give you video either.

Lol. I mean the problem would lie with him using a VGA to HDMI cable. In other words, that would have been the cause of his sound / playback issues
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31136
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio33
      3. What do these 2 men have in common69
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846164

See more discussions