Expired

Laptop to TV wire needed!

7 replies
Found 11th Sep 2008
Ive got a Dell Inspiron laptop that i wish to connect to a tv (probably a LG one)

can anybody point me in the direction of a good wire at a good price

thanks in advance

rep will be added

7 Comments

Banned

You just need a standard S-Video cable and then a 3.5mm to RCA for the audio....

ebay is the cheapest place for things like this - item no 350096992780

Original Poster

Zootaga;2948523

You just need a standard S-Video cable and then a 3.5mm to RCA for the … You just need a standard S-Video cable and then a 3.5mm to RCA for the audio....ebay is the cheapest place for things like this - item no 350096992780

Thanks man:thumbsup:

Is it a HD tv?

I use a hdmi cable using an adaptor

If you've a VGA socket on your TV you'll get a better picture than S-Video using a VGA lead. You'll also need an audio lead. 3.5mm from your laptop to whatever is on your TV for VGA sound. Could be either RCA/Phono or 3.5mm jack.

Banned

this auction might be better as it also comes with the audio cable 380058069446

Original Poster

Zootaga;2948564

this auction might be better as it also comes with the audio cable … this auction might be better as it also comes with the audio cable 380058069446

thanks

how good does the quality of the picture etc be when using these cables?

if i was streaming a football match and connected it up to the tv would be decent quality?

If both your laptop and TV are recent then HDMI is by far the best way as it can handle HD resolutions and carries audio in the same cable. If you can find the laptop and TV model numbers then the ports each has can usually be looked up on the internet, otherwise you could physically check and the ports sometimes have their names written besides them.

S-Video is standard definition only so won't look great on an HDTV.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75856
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions