Laptop trade-ins

Posted 23rd Apr
I am looking for a good trade-in on my 8 years old Intel i3-2367M Sony Vaio. The plastics are a bit broken but works fine.

Trade-in are rare it seems. I have previously did for a non-working laptop with HP Trade-in programs for a HP ProBook. They gave £150 off retail value on a new machine.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
I used 'cashinyourgadgets.co.uk' for selling a laptop great price and very easy to use with quick process and payment.
deleted491475
matthews947923/04/2020 13:58

I used 'cashinyourgadgets.co.uk' for selling a laptop great price and very …I used 'cashinyourgadgets.co.uk' for selling a laptop great price and very easy to use with quick process and payment.

They are giving me £12. lol.

Probably will keep the machine for some project.
deleted49147523/04/2020 15:01

They are giving me £12. lol.Probably will keep the machine for some …They are giving me £12. lol.Probably will keep the machine for some project.

8 years old is kind of ancient, technology moves so fast.
Try gumtree or ebay
Could try currys if you buying new laptop from them.
Laptops of that age are pretty worthless as trade ins, you're much better off trying to sell it privately
deleted49147523/04/2020 15:01

They are giving me £12. lol.Probably will keep the machine for some …They are giving me £12. lol.Probably will keep the machine for some project.

Upgrade it to a Linux distro - the very latest Ubuntu 20.04 LTS if it can handle it, failing that Linux Mint
deleted491475
tardytortoise23/04/2020 17:00

Upgrade it to a Linux distro - the very latest Ubuntu 20.04 LTS if it can …Upgrade it to a Linux distro - the very latest Ubuntu 20.04 LTS if it can handle it, failing that Linux Mint

Perfect. This actually runs Windows 10 Home perfectly fine! Has an SSD accelerated HDD and have been happily chugging along.

It just can't handle high quality youtube videos but other than that keeps me occupied.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions