Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop up to £300

I'm looking for a laptop for my daughter to do her homework on and play sims 3, got to have wi fi but other than that any decent spec.
    Anyone know any good deals, been googling and looking around, seen a few refurbs, but nothing spectacular.
    Any advice much appreciated.

4 Comments

Theres not much about this one is showing out of stock on the web site might be worth a visit to any tesco extra stores near you to see if they have one in stock, its £319.00

direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx

software4students.co.uk/ is good for microsoft office and they do have offers on the microsoft office enterprise 2007 ,i think i paid about £36

needs to have a dedicated graphics card for Sims 3

Doubt you'll find one for under £300

slackrat77;7988867

needs to have a dedicated graphics card for Sims 3Doubt you'll find one … needs to have a dedicated graphics card for Sims 3Doubt you'll find one for under £300

sims 3 doesnt need a dedicated graphics card.

deathtrap3000;7988920

sims 3 doesnt need a dedicated graphics card.

says it'll run on some mobile intel series chipsets but they reccommend an ATI or Nvidia chipset

plus I had a lady with a copy of Sims 3 and we tested a boatload of laptops in our Currys store and loads of the sub £399 ones it wouldnt install on, or if it did, it wouldnt play in anything more than 800x600 (which looks gash) and some wouldnt load past the new game screen

For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires at least:
    * Intel Integrated Chipset, GMA X3000 or above.
    * 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent
    * 0.5 GB additional RAM
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best way to use Tesco club card vouchers?910
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?615
      3. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?67
      4. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??56

See more discussions