Expired

Laptop - Value for Money between £200-£300

5 replies
Found 10th Dec 2014
Hi
I'm looking to buy a laptop between £200 - £300 that I want to use for general tasks like surfing the net, office applications, storing photos but would also like to be able to play Football Manager. Want it to last a good few years to get a decent return on my investment.

I know my budget is quite broad but if a £200 laptop will do the job then I don't want to spend £300, having said that I would stretch to £320 for the right laptop.

I don't want it to be laggy or slow. I have read up a bit and I'm probably looking at an i3 or i5 processor.

Can anybody recommend a decent laptop? Would I be better going for a refurbished laptop to get more bang for my buck. I'm happy to buy refurbished, I've had a look at argos ebay, are any of these any good?

stores.ebay.co.uk/Arg…oks

5 Comments

Original Poster

Forgot to mention probably looking at around 15.6" size as don't want nothing too big. Thanks

Original Poster

ebay.co.uk/itm…_EH

Does the above look good based on the processor / price? Thanks

dave_lunt2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acer-Aspire-15-6-Inch-E-Series-500GB-4GB-Laptop-/171565222262?pt=UK_Computing_Laptops_EHDoes the above look good based on the processor / price? Thanks

That's an ok price for a refurbished i5 laptop.

If you want a brand new one, there's a Lenovo i3 for £270 @ currys.

I got a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 for £269ish with their 12% off code the other week. Probably not as massively specced for the money as others but I trust the brand to be honest.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. sweet Sundays codes need to be redeemed by 23.59 on the 19th of October55
    2. Any PS4 News Here29313888
    3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2684
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247592

See more discussions