Found 30th May 2009
Im looking for a new laptop and my requirements are...

1.8ghz core 2 duo min
2gb ram min
160gb hdd min
webcam built in
serial port (or able to take a docking station with serial port hp? ibm?)
Prefer xp too
wirless N laptop preffered too

Thats it really, can anyone find any good deals? or any second hand deals that you recommend? Or even post what youve got f/s?? Pref want IBM/lenovo/hp.

Budget maybe £300 to £400 tops

5 Comments

I doubt you'll have much sucess finding a Core2Duo laptop with a serial port built in these days. Your best bet is to find yourself a laptop meeting the specs you describe (I'd recommend a Dell Vostro, even if only because of the quality of their 3yr next business day warranty), and fit it with an RS232 Express Card. There's no shortage on them on ]eBay , and they sell for as little as a tenner.

I have this one for sale:
]http//h1…HEN

I'd take £175

Original Poster

Mr greedy thats not core 2 duo nor does it have my required 2gb ram, nor does it have a webcam, nor does it have a serial port. Its far below the spec im using right now which is a dell, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd, 1.8ghz core 2 duo.

I really really need the spec i mentioned above.

Original Poster

dxx;5354954

I doubt you'll have much sucess finding a Core2Duo laptop with a serial … I doubt you'll have much sucess finding a Core2Duo laptop with a serial port built in these days. Your best bet is to find yourself a laptop meeting the specs you describe (I'd recommend a Dell Vostro, even if only because of the quality of their 3yr next business day warranty), and fit it with an RS232 Express Card. There's no shortage on them on ]eBay , and they sell for as little as a tenner.

Not sure if they will work with what i want to do with it. Ive tried a usb to serial adaptor with no luck. I might need a laptop with the serial built in. Thanks for your input though.

Original Poster

Any help... recommendations?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Unidays22
    2. Topcashback trick or treat cashback giveaway34
    3. Camera lens66
    4. Differences between RX 480s22

See more discussions