Found 31st Dec 2010
Hi

Just after a bit of advice.

I have around £800 to spend on a new shiny laptop. This will mainly be used for games like Football Manager 11, Sims 3 etc. I'm not terribly fussed about playing latest games as I have consoles to do this.

Could someone please give me some recommendations as to what is available. My budget is quite flexible and if worth it, I would increase up to £1000.

Thanks in advance

1. Ask
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Laptop
3 Comments

Lots to choose from at that price.
I think the first thing's you need to decide on are:
Screen Size. Home use only (Desktop replacement, 17"?) or portable 13", 14", 15".
Windows 7 or Mac operating system.
Then the price you are willing to pay will then help decide the rest of the spec (Quad core CPU, HDU size, lit keyboard, Blu-ray player, etc.)
Then search for reviews on the WWW and see what you find. enjoy the hunt.
Edited by: "tonyp2020" 31st Dec 2010

currys have a selection of refurbed lappys that represent a good saving

Agree with Tonyp. I would just add, if you are buying mainly for games or for kids to use, you can get budget laptops from £300 from Acer, but not the most robust. Sony have a long standing quality built laptops in their Vaio range in your budget.

Here's an example of a good deal, but if you shop around for this same model, you might find it cheaper elsewhere.

ebuyer.com/pro…725

HTH. Good luck
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769360
    2. word association Game74244903
    3. Add one, leave one game54415426
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247607

See more discussions