Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop wanted - which one? CONFUSED!?!?!?!?!

Banned
    I want to but a new laptop but have no idea what I want or need.

I want to spend as little as possible but max of £350/400 pref cheaper.

It is just for keeping photo's and surfing the net really - It needs to have wireless.

Please help

9 Comments

Id go for a dell...
    I got the Inspiron 1720 for £399. Its 17" and i cudnt really ask for more (for what i want it for)
    Check out dell website as there doing the Dell inspiron 1525 for £329 which is well worth it

dont buy an acer they are rubbish

Original Poster Banned

Ok I have gone for the

The Sony VAIO NR32 is on offer at [url]www.play.com[/url] for £399, inc vat and delivery!
    5% off if you register with RAC - making it £379
    plus 4% through quidco - making it - £364

1.73 GHz
    2GB
    15.4"
    200GB HD

What do you think? good deal?

should of gone with the dell 1720 haha

What about this one from comet at £275 I saw it advertised outside the store a few days ago and thought it was a really good deal.

FUJITSU SIEMENS AMILO LI 2727/1

comet.co.uk/sho…ops

Original Poster Banned

tremearne;2872928

What about this one from comet at £275 I saw it advertised outside the … What about this one from comet at £275 I saw it advertised outside the store a few days ago and thought it was a really good deal.FUJITSU SIEMENS AMILO LI 2727/1http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/category/572/Laptops

I think that the £90 more I paid for the sony was worth the extra.

asandwhen;2872382

What do you think? good deal?

Your link is broken, I presume you mean ]this one? The sony page on it is ]here

The firewire is nice to have, even if it's only Firewire 400 and not 800. It's a shame they didn't do the same for the video out, it's VGA instead of DVI.

The expresscard slot is the 34mm one so it'll only fit 34mm cards rather than the larger 54mm one which will fit both so you'll have to be careful buying expresscards.

The DVD-drive writes DVD-RAM which is nice to see.

The rest looks fine, although being 15.4" and 2.9kg it's not going to be particulaly light or portable and it only comes with a 12 month guarentee.

As someone else said, don't get an Acer. My screen's stopped working, 18 months after buying it. Not economic to repair, so looking out for a new one. :x

i dont think my acer is rubbish!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251370
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876389

See more discussions