laptop warranty argos? screen broken

Found 14th Jan 2015
got a laptop from argos still in 12 months warranty what do i have to do ? screen not bleed for no reason
Community Updates
16 Comments
is the screen cracked / physically damaged or is the screen dead?

photo of screen?

EliTom
Original Poster
elitom

is the screen cracked / physically damaged or is the screen dead?photo of … is the screen cracked / physically damaged or is the screen dead?photo of screen?EliTom

hi screen isnt dead, just got weird lines and black on bottom right area, this wasnt broken from mis use, closed the lid opened and was like this
can you post a photo?

EliTom
Someone dropped something on it while closed or stood on it is the most common reason for what toy describe. Could try your luck but 99% of cases where the damage is as you have described it (perhaps photos will show differently), it is self-inflicted and won't be covered under warranty.
GrantG182

Someone dropped something on it while closed or stood on it is the most … Someone dropped something on it while closed or stood on it is the most common reason for what toy describe. Could try your luck but 99% of cases where the damage is as you have described it (perhaps photos will show differently), it is self-inflicted and won't be covered under warranty.

exactly - which is why I asked for a photo

if it just lines it could be a loose / bad connection of the screen ribbon cable or a GFX fault

but if it is pressure damage to the screen then it will not be covered

EliTom
Banned
at a guess it sounds like it may be the graphics card thats developed a fault, easiest and best thing to do is contact Argos about it, you could also contact the manufacturer aswell and state it's still under warranty and go from there.

elitom

is the screen cracked / physically damaged or is the screen dead?photo of … is the screen cracked / physically damaged or is the screen dead?photo of screen?EliTom

Why do you put your name at the bottom of every post even though it's already at the top of the post?
Holly1985

at a guess it sounds like it may be the graphics card thats developed a … at a guess it sounds like it may be the graphics card thats developed a fault, easiest and best thing to do is contact Argos about it, you could also contact the manufacturer aswell and state it's still under warranty and go from there.

I would put money on physical damage.. I have never seen a graphics chip fail to work in just one part of the screen!

Take it back to Argos and play dumb - They aren't likely to be computer experts.
Banned
Dan7712

I would put money on physical damage.. I have never seen a graphics chip … I would put money on physical damage.. I have never seen a graphics chip fail to work in just one part of the screen!Take it back to Argos and play dumb - They aren't likely to be computer experts.

I've had a few where they have overheated or developed a fault and part of the screen has gone weird xD
Holly1985

I've had a few where they have overheated or developed a fault and part … I've had a few where they have overheated or developed a fault and part of the screen has gone weird xD

I have never seen that happen in all my years! I have seen where an LCD has been "burnt" and it leaves a yellowish tint around the blackness. The usual suspect is a pen left on the keyboard when the screen has been shut!
I suggest you take it back to the place you bought it - retail outlet or on-line. Complain and ask for your money back. If they offer to replace it or repair it free of charge accept the offer. If they suggest you take it up with the manufacturer - refuse and point out politely that the law says it is the retailers responsibility to sort these things out.
tardytortoise

I suggest you take it back to the place you bought it - retail outlet or … I suggest you take it back to the place you bought it - retail outlet or on-line. Complain and ask for your money back. If they offer to replace it or repair it free of charge accept the offer. If they suggest you take it up with the manufacturer - refuse and point out politely that the law says it is the retailers responsibility to sort these things out.

Physical damage? Oh no, wrong planet.
aircanman

Physical damage? Oh no, wrong planet.

black on bottom right area sounds like physical damage to me (LCD bleed)

OP - photo and what laptop is it ?

EliTom
Banned
tardytortoise

I suggest you take it back to the place you bought it - retail outlet or … I suggest you take it back to the place you bought it - retail outlet or on-line. Complain and ask for your money back. If they offer to replace it or repair it free of charge accept the offer. If they suggest you take it up with the manufacturer - refuse and point out politely that the law says it is the retailers responsibility to sort these things out.

Highly doubt you would get a refund if its over a few months old, usual practice is to repair or replace confirmed faulty electrical goods, retailers can refer you to the manufacturer if thats the returns process for that product or manufacturer.
craigstephens

Why do you put your name at the bottom of every post even though it's … Why do you put your name at the bottom of every post even though it's already at the top of the post?

and your not the first to ask that
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants