Groups

Laptop Windows XP

Basically I need to clean the laptop like a new install without formatting or reinstalling windows. Is this possible? What should I delete? Temp folders?

4 Comments

Download Ccleaner and run it and it will delete all the temp files , log files , cookies ,etc ,etc ,etc .
    Go into Control Panel- Add or Remove Programs - and uninstall anything you dont use or need .
    This will clear up the hard drive to a certain extent .

Original Poster

thanks anything else?

I would use something like Revo unistaller (freeware), tinyurl.com/2fdekq , to assist with uninstalling any program as it will remove traces of all the program, including the hidden / left over stuff.

The registry tool / cleaner of CCleaner is quite good at picking up orphaned registry entries left.
    Edited by: "simplyjimbo" 6th Sep 2010

You should also consider defragmenting the hard drive as well - you should consider using Defragger, as it's a lot better than the integrated utility.

Defraggler - File and Disk Defragmentation - Free Download
    piriform.com/def…ler
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4211884
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…24104
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764653
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals31411

See more discussions